The City of Boise is dedicated to enriching the lives of the community it serves. We offer affordable classes and camps. From art to drama, dance classes to fitness programs, nature tours to special events, there's something for everyone. We serve hundreds of low-income kids and are proud to offer an Adaptive Recreation program that serves children and adults with disabilities. The Parks and Recreation Department is currently seeking talented Youth Performing Arts Instructors who are passionate about sharing their craft.
- Instructs youth and/or adult students in performing art mediums in a classroom or studio environment
- Works up to 19 hours per week depending upon class demand
- Is designated as At-Will
- Pays $10 per hour base rate plus a percentage of fees collected as determined by class enrollment
Working with and instructing youth and adult performing arts students. Lesson planning, supply gathering, and classroom/project preparation and clean-up. The instructor will work with the supervisor to develop a curriculum based on the particular performing art medium being taught. Must have adequate transportation in order to teach at various Boise Parks and Recreation locations. (100%)
Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage = 100% Requirements Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to instruct performing arts classes in a wide variety of mediums including, but not limited to: ballet, tap, hip hop, and theater
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- Adequate transportation in order to teach classes at various Boise Parks & Recreation locations
- Assume responsibility for the participants and their safety during the class
- Interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner
- Display an attitude of cooperation and works harmoniously with all levels of city employees, the general public, and other organizations
- Communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance
- Perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without reasonable accommodation
Licensing And Other Requirements
- 3 years of experience teaching performing arts as well as working with individuals with disabilities
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- State-issued driver's license
Applicants must be able to pass:
- City of Boise background check processes including a criminal history check and reference checks in accordance with the City of Boise Hiring Process Regulation
- Driving Record Check
- Drug-Free Workplace: In accordance with the City of Boise Drug-Free Workplace Regulation, this position is designated as safety-sensitive and is subject to testing requirements including Post Offer Applicant Testing, Random Testing, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, etc. Applicants will be required to submit to screening for illegal drug use prior to hiring. Appointment to this position is contingent upon a negative pre-employment drug test.
This position has responsibilities that require the person to work with minors or individuals with disabilities. Working Conditions
The physical effort characteristics and working environment described here represent those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Physical Efforts
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Also, the employee is occasionally pushing/pulling up to 10 pounds. The noise level is frequently moderate. Work includes sensory ability to talk, hear and touch. Work in this position also includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Employees will stand and walk. Position requires hand/finger dexterity.Working Environment
The work environment will include inside conditions.
This position works: flexible schedule morning/evening Monday-Friday