AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Welding Engineer will support the implementation of the AZZ WSI welding program. Responsibilities include qualification of welding procedures, enforcement of the Quality Assurance Program, operational support both in the shop and field, perform research & development, help implement industry best practices, and ensure adherence to applicable codes, specifications, standards, and contract terms. The Welding Engineer will occasionally support shop and field project execution.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelor's degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology. (An international engineering degree and/or accreditation may be considered)
Five to twenty years of welding engineering experience including working with welding codes and standards, Experience in the power generation, petrochemical, and/or oil & gas industries is considered a plus. Job title and salary with be commensurate with experinece.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of arc welding process fundamentals
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASME BPVC Section IX, Experience with other welding standards a plus
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills along with fundamental computer skills
- Knowledge of materials, weldability and NDE methods
- Develops and/or reviews Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), Procedure Qualification Records (PQR), Weld Performance Qualification (WPQ) records, work travelers, work instructions, customer requirements, proposals, reports, and other technical welding related documentation.
- Supports shop and field welding project execution.
- Assist in solving complex welding problems, performing root-cause analysis, implementing corrective actions, and documenting lessons learned.
- Assist in the research and development of prototype welding equipment, welding technology, welding techniques, and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
General office, shop and field production and lab work environment.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs, ability to work in an industrial field environment.
Occasional travel (< 10%) to provide onsite project support, project meetings, walk downs, training, business development, and professional activities.Recommended Skills
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- Oil And Gas
- Arc Welding
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Suwanee, GAJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.