About the Position
We are seeking Water Resources Engineer to join our growing Environmental + Water Resources team in Atlanta, GA, Jacksonville, FL, or Columbia, SC. The ideal candidate possesses 5-7 years of related experience. Relevant experience with stormwater infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, green infrastructure planning and design, stream design, wetland design, FEMA floodzones, culverts, bridges, dams, etc. is desired. The successful candidate would assist our Senior PM's and willing to mentor our dynamic team of environmental and water resources professionals while leading a range of multidisciplinary projects. The successful candidate would also interface with clients and support proposal development.
Pond is an award-winning, full-service environmental, architecture, engineering, planning, and construction firm providing professional solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and globally for over 54 years. Pond's staff of 550+ professionals provide a deep bench of experience and the capabilities to offer customized solutions that help clients manage projects from concept to completion - and everything in between - with confidence and clarity. Pond is ranked as the 80th largest engineering and design firm by ENR, Atlanta's #1 engineering firm by Atlanta Business Chronicle, and the 2019 Employer of the Year by Georgia ACEC.
About Our Team
Our team of environmental and water resources professionals includes geologists, biologists, ecologists, regulatory specialists, engineers, planners, GIS analysts, and community engagement specialists. Our environmental and water resources team is engaged in projects throughout the southeast, the nation, and the world and our existing client base includes transportation, oil and gas, renewables, government (local, state, and federal), Department of Defense, private development, and water resources and restoration. The successful candidate would be an integral part of our growing team and would have the opportunity to engage across markets and geographies.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Task management
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling for floodplains, culverts, and bridges.
- BMP/green infrastructure design and modeling.
- Preparing H&H studies, drainage reports, design documents, and design plans and specifications.
- Technical writing in the form of memorandums, feasibility studies, regulatory submittals (including CLOMR/LOMR submittals to FEMA)
- Rosgen & Natural Channel Design principles
- Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control design, plan development, and permitting
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permits
- Coordination with interdisciplinary teams of professionals
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- BS in Civil, Water Resources, Biosystems Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Engineer in Training required, Professional Engineering certification preferred or anticipated (within 2 years of date of hire)
- Proficient with relevant software such as Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, HydroCAD, SWMM, Hec-RAS (1D and 2D), Hec-HMS, StormCAD, HY8, and other related H&H analysis design software.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, positive attitude, multi-task, and self-motivated to produce high quality work.
- Physically able to travel and conduct field work on various project sites with challenging field conditions such as urban or rural settings, steep terrain, and inclement weather
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills with ability to deliver complete and clean documents
- Willingness to travel as projects require to include occasional overnight travel
- Ability and desire to learn and grow professionally
- At Pond, we are a collaborative, innovative team in an environment that fosters learning and professional growth. We believe that as you grow, we grow. You will have opportunities to broaden your knowledge and to put your skills to work in engaging, challenging, and diverse projects that make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work.
Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required. Please note that we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
All offers of employment made by Pond & Company are contingent upon satisfactory background check results. Pre-employment background checks will be conducted on all candidates that are offered a position at Pond in compliance with program policy as well as state and federal regulations.EEO Statement
Apply for this position at http//careers.pondco.com. We are always looking for driven professionals of all disciplines to join our fast-growing company. For more information on our services, clientele or employment opportunities, visit our website at www.pondco.com AA/EOE.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Employment decisions at Pond are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state and local laws in jurisdictions where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .