Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- The Operator II maintains water/wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water/wastewater treatment facilities to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges
- Collect and test water and sewage samples
- Record meter and gauge readings and operational data
- Operate equipment to purify and clarify water or to process or dispose of waste
- Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas
- Inspect all equipment on a regular basis
- Follow U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations
- Ensure safety standards are met
Education / Experience / Background
- High School education or equivalent with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations. Associate's degree in a science or technical area strongly preferred.
- Requires a California State Water Resources Control Board WWTPO Grade II or higher.
- Two to five years' experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets under general supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses, and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work weekends, holidays and extended hours to accommodate site needs.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Spends 100% of the time in operations environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive company vehicle to perform duties.
Possible Work Hazards:
- May be exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, heavy machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work environment temperatures, slippery surfaces, water hazards and electrical equipment.
- Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Walking 75% for as many as five miles per shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.