Hospice of the Valley is a national leader in hospice care and has been serving the Phoenix metropolitan area since 1977. A mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, Hospice of the Valley employs compassionate, skilled professionals who are committed to excellence, enjoy teamwork and contribute daily to our mission and culture of caring. Team members experience a friendly, supportive atmosphere, leadership support, autonomy, flexibility and the privilege of doing meaningful, rewarding work.
The Volunteer Coordinator Float role will orient, support and coordinates volunteers for Ryan House Pediatrics, designated patient care teams and special volunteer programs.
- Promotes positive/effective volunteer and staff relationships.
- Conducts effective volunteer applicant screening.
- Coordinates volunteer activity.
- Maintains professional knowledge and enhances professional skills.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum one year of experience coordinating volunteers in a healthcare setting.
- Valid Arizona driver's license, automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
- Must possess excellent human relation skills; ability to meet people with ease; ability to represent HOV well by phone and in person.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions based upon information provided from different sources.
- Critical thinking necessary for complex situations.
- Ability to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines.
- Communicates, writes and advises on a variety of complex issues; must be able to comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Preferred pediatric experience
- Bachelor's degree in human relations preferred.
Hospice of the Valley offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision plans, generous paid time off, a matching 401k, tuition assistance, an award winning wellness program and a host of employee recognition and rewards. Employees also receive comprehensive orientation, training and resources.
Hospice of the Valley is an equal employment opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V