The strategy behind the game.
The Vice President, Global Compliance & Risk will directly lead a team of compliance and risk professionals to fully support the evolution of a fast-growing, highly regulated, complex, global organization. Reporting to our Chief Compliance & Risk Officer, you will provide real-time guidance on issues, opportunities, risks, and risk management as the organization moves forward. You'll work in an environment supporting the rapid development of new products, M&A activity, new laws and regulations in the fantasy sport, sports betting, iGaming space, and geographic expansion along with new products and verticals. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Vice President, Global Compliance & Risk:
What you'll bring:
- Responsible for oversight, execution and management of the company's enterprise risk and compliance program to include governance structure, organizational responsibilities & functions.
- Ensure the enterprise risk and corporate compliance program is consistent with the current and future compliance, regulatory, and risk environment that would be facing DraftKings.
- Provide an overview to the Senior and Executive Leadership Teams and the Compliance Committee.
- Develop the strategic direction for appropriate risk mitigation for the organization.
- Oversight of monitoring protocols as identified through the risk assessment system.
- Ensure that company written standards are properly communicated to the organization and appropriate training platforms and requirements are managed consistently.
- Understand the method for company policy review and approvals
- Define risk appetite, establishing mechanisms for reporting on risks to Senior and Executive Leadership Teams and the appropriate committee of the Board of Directors (e.g., Compliance Committee(s), regular reporting to the Board).
- Establish forums for discussion of risks across the organization and coordinated risk mitigations plans (i.e., a risk council).
- Create and implement a new product or initiative risk assessment process.
- Establish corporate mechanisms for identifying and analyzing emerging and inherent risks facing the company (i.e., risk assessment).
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years of risk management experience with the last 5+ years focused on strategy and leading an effective team.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and engaging with regulators.
- History of developing and implementing risk management policies, procedures, controls, and reporting is required.
- Strong understanding and experience in designing, developing and analyzing formal risk assessments, including risk identification, mitigation, and monitoring techniques and approaches, which can be leveraged to identify critical strategic, operational, reputational, emerging, and lesser-known risks.
- Strong management skills with a \"roll up your sleeves\" mentality and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Experience operating at a high level within a dynamic, forward-looking, team-oriented organization committed to value creation.
- Demonstrates people leadership skills with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire team members.
- Ability to drive projects to completion, manage competing priorities and provide guidance to the team and business on prioritization.
- Strong technical and organization skills.
- Ability to navigate a rapidly changing, fast-paced, competitive landscape.
- Compliance, risk, audit certification or equivalent legal experience required (CRCM, CRP, CAMS, CIPP, etc.).