What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart is hiring Landscape Technician Operators!
You will make an impact as a Landscape Technician by keeping landscapes attractive, clean, and well maintained. This includes moving lawns, pruning, and fertilizing shrubs, lawns, bushes, trees, and flowers. You must love working outdoors in different types of weather and enjoy physical labor.
What you'll do:
• Landscaping! Which will include mowing, trimming, and pruning year round
• Perform grounds maintenance on the parking lot, exterior building, and surrounding ground areas to provide a clean environment
• Be part of a team of associates responsible for all aspects of the landscaping and exterior cleaning/ground maintenance
• Adhere to the highest standards of safety, security, and integrity ensuring compliance with corporate policies as well as local, federal, and state requirements
• Traveling may be necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
• Have experience in landscaping, agriculture, general maintenance, or retail
• Understand the importance of Customer Service and have clear, transparent, and respectful communication
• Drive personal accountability and use effective time management to achieve commitments
• Can adapt to changing and competing demands using solid judgment to identify priorities
• Believe in Servant Leadership and can work as a team to achieve goals
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Hold a valid state-issued driver's license for at least 3 years with a clean driving record and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report
• Successfully complete and pass a driver's road test for the combination truck and trailer that will be operated within the scope of work.
• Must be able to obtain appropriate licensing and/or endorsements for operating State if required
• Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
• Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
• Visually verifies information, often in small print.
• Reads information, often in small print.
• Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or electronic device.
• Enters and locates information on electronic device.
• Safely operates a combination motor vehicle of 10,0001 lbs to 26,000 lbs, requiring valid drivers license or certification.
• Visually inspects equipment that will be operated daily during scope of work
• Abides by all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Hold a valid state-issued driver's license for at least 3 years.
No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving violations within the last 5 years.
No more than two 2 moving violations in the last three 3 years.
No serious traffic violations in the last 3 years (serious traffic violations include reckless driving, texting while driving, speeding 15 or more miles per hour over the posted speed limit, improper lane changes, following too closely, driving without a driver's license, and driving without a driver's license in possession).
No preventable accident resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history while operating a commercial motor vehicle (the preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines and DOT recordable accidents, which include accidents involving disabled vehicles requiring tow, accidents requiring medical care for anyone involved, accidents involving a fatality, and hazardous material spills).
No reported positive drug or alcohol tests from previous motor carriers that fall under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations or Federal Drug & Alcohol guidelines within 5 years (beyond 5 years, applicant must have successfully completed a substance abuse program as outlined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Successful completion of a DOT physical and receipt of a medical certification of at least 6 months (Walmart will allow a 1 time, 3 month card to become compliant, with a minimum of a 6 month card).
Able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records as required by 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Successful completion of a driver's road test for the combination truck and trailer that will be operated within the scope of work.
Able to obtain all required licenses and/or endorsements for operating state if required
Option 1: Vocational or technical certification.
Option 2: 2 years' experience in mechanical maintenance, facilities maintenance, construction, or related area.
Within 30 days of hire, able to obtain and maintain DOT certification, meeting all health, safety, and driving record qualifications required by the DOT.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19 as defined by CDC guidelines or secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
No preventable accidents in a motor vehicle within the last 3 years (the preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines and DOT recordable accidents, which include accidents involving disabled vehicles requiring tow, accidents requiring medical care for anyone involved, accidents involving a fatality, and hazardous material spills).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Associate's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Maintenance, Construction Management, or related area., Certified Facilities Manager (CFM), Project Management (PMP), or related certification, Third-party management experience
4301 S UNIVERSITY DR, DAVIE, FL 33328-3002, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago