At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Director, Precision Medicine Field Marketing you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan to meaningfully engage pathology and lab medicine societies & ESEs to improve the quality of patient identification and diagnostic testing. This role will ensure that our portfolio of innovative targeted therapies will make a difference in the lives of patients, positioning AstraZeneca as a commercial leader in oncology precision medicine.
This position will report directly into the Senior Director, US Precision Medicine and will work in close partnership with cross functional partners including precision medicine marketing, field sales, medical affairs, national oncology account directors, brand marketing, market access and other functions to play a critical role in formulating and implementing novel precision medicine programs that address key obstacles to the effective practice of precision medicine.
- Responsible for leading and managing a field-based marketing team
- Direct team to coordinate activities and marketing efforts across multiple biomarkers/tumors
- Utilize input from customers, leadership, external thought leaders, and pathology societies to build constructive precision medicine market engagement strategies
- Develop strong partnerships with leading lab medicine/pathology societies to design and implement initiatives which will make a meaningful difference in the quality and reach of patient identification and diagnostic testing best practices
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to inform precision medicine program formulation and maximize impact
- Leverage national, regional, and local scientific meetings to amplify AZ's key messages regarding precision medicine and gain further insight into opportunities for improvement by soliciting key customer feedback
- Escalate market challenges/barriers to leadership and prepare appropriate ways to address these across medical affairs and commercial
- Coordinate and execute commercial advisory board meetings to help inform diagnostic strategy
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: diagnostic testing, brand marketing, team management, and strategic planning
- 4+ years of experience in Oncology
- Skilled in relationship building across health systems, with provider societies, and with thought leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Willingness to travel >50% of time, including occasional weekends for customer engagements
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Advanced degree
- Prior regional marketing or field marketing experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
This job has expired.