West Virginia University Extension-Jackson’s Mill is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Food Service Assistant. As a Temporary Food Service Assistant, you will provide assistance in the dining hall during a high-volume time at Jackson's Mill.
Work Hours: Varies
Length of assignment: 8 Months
Pay Grade – 6
What you’ll do:
- Set up dining hall tables (family style, banquet, buffet).
- Maintain dining hall tables and steam tables in a clean and neat manner.
- Clean food surface areas including kitchen equipment, utensils, serving counters, steam tables, pots, pans and dishwasher.
- Validate meal tickets during meal period and following proper sanitation guidelines at all times. Maintain and record commercial dishwasher temperature. Operate commercial dishwasher.
- Wipe and sanitize tables, mop floors, vacuum carpets and clean storage areas. Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Wash and clean fruits and vegetables using standard kitchen equipment including but not limited to peelers, knives and garbage disposal.
- Requires a junior high school level of education as might be acquired through 9 years of schooling, or a high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of six months of experience involving:
- Large-scale kitchen operation
- Proper place setting and dining room set up etiquette
- Knowledge of large-scale food service operations
- Knowledge of safe food handling and sanitation procedures Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to operate high production food service equipment
- Valid Food Handlers Permit
This job has expired.