Division: Retail Banking
Job Code: RET405
Reports To: Teller Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Objective of Position:
The role of the Teller is to interact with customers and deliver a high level of customer service by processing customer transactions. Duties include following bank policies to ensure ethical business practices, greeting customers and helping them with their needs and speaking with customers about new products and other offerings.
Byline Bank Tellers are expected to periodically travel to other branch locations to help with staffing coverage. Tellers are expected to demonstrate scheduling flexibility, demonstrate an openness to new ideas and identify process improvements. Business dress as outlined in the Byline Bank dress code is mandatory.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to service standards/expectations.
- Answers branch phone/electronic inquiries according to etiquette standards for the Bank.
- Provides service to all customers and prospective customers, following the Bank’s service standards and guidelines.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with customers and employees.
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales production goals for products and services as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrates in-depth product and services knowledge.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities by assessing customer needs and explaining product features and benefits. Identifies and refers business regularly.
- Organizes and balances cash drawer daily and adheres to the cash limit policy and usage procedures.
- Follows proper policy regarding the processing of transactions: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, savings bonds, tax payments, traveler’s checks, cash advances, etc.
- Maintains and adheres to Branch security procedures, follows open & close procedures, and protects bank assets and documents, etc.
- Ensures proper work batching, re-verification, encoding, account numbers on checks, large item copies, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Requirements
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Excellent customer service and oral communication skills.
- Previous cash handling and/or Teller experience preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish/English or Polish/English preferred for select locations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Usual office environmentwith frequentsitting,walking, andstanding, andoccasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, andbalancing. Frequent useofeye, hand, andfinger coordination enablingthe useofoffice equipment. Oralandauditory capacityenablinginterpersonal communication as wellas communicationthroughautomated devices.
This job has expired.