Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Nature of Work
This position is responsible for direct sales of Membership Renewals and upgrades of our high end membership products to existing members while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade existing members to renew or upgrade their current membership
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from members
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific members
- Conduct sales presentations
- Sell products or services
- Meets productivity requirements and achieves weekly / monthly goals
- Maintains a minimum of 90% quality performance on all call monitoring
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures\.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Associates must be able to effectively communicate with people over the telephone
- Required to have intermediate computer skills, in order to stay organized and provide information to potential clients
- Possess excellent negotiating and sales skills
- Possess excellent oral communication skills
- Outbound Telephone sales experience preferred
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary plus sales commission
- Associates potential median salary and commission of $53k annually
- Health and Dental Insurance plus 401K
- Paid vacations and federal holidays
- Resort privileges
- Evening work is required
Employees in this position will sit for extended periods of time speaking on the phone and working on the PC*. The employee can also periodically stand at their work station utilizing an extended cord headset. Data entry is not constant as the information is obtained from members over the phone throughout the conversation, and is inputted by alternating between the keyboard and the mouse. Employee also responds to member questions by switching between screens for the information.
*Company requirement is that an employee be on the phone a minimum of 7.0 hours per day.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture