The Telecommunications Operator is responsible for facilitating proficient operation of the entire hospital communication system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Perform various clerical duties and operate computer equipment including the switchboard console, voice-paging system, portable radios and provide information to callers and visitors.
- Handle both incoming and outgoing calls with speed and accuracy. Render assistance when requested or required by patients or staff having difficulty in placing telephone calls.
- Demonstrate familiarity with all code-emergency situations and the appropriate procedure to alert proper personnel and record occurrences as required. Code situations include but are not limited to medical emergency, security alert, fire, and disaster.
- Act as central control for mobile pagers.
- Respond to various alarm systems located at the switchboard. Determine which alarm has been activated and contact the appropriate personnel to facilitate a prompt and appropriate response.
- Place calls on the TTY phone for the deaf or for physicians calling their deaf patients.
- Issue keys that are kept at the switchboard to authorized personnel. Maintain an accurate log as to the disposition of these keys.
- Compile on-call information for hospital personnel and all meetings scheduled in the building.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.