The Remote Hands Technician II will assist all Digital Realty customers by providing "best in class" customer and technical support. The Remote Hands Technician II will work with and support all customer demands which may include, racking and stacking of equipment, cabling, cross connects, etc. Internally, the Remote Hands Technician II may work with the Deployment and Implementation teams, the Global Command Center, Provisioning team and Project Management to ensure relevant installations meet delivery dates and create a positive customer experience. The Remote Hands Technician II will be primarily responsible for responding to Customer Requests within the Service Level Agreement time frame. The Remote Hands Technician I will also assist other members of the Operations Team ensuring 100% uptime to all customers.
What you'll do
- Perform Remote Hands services which are tracked through the Digital Realty ticketing system. This includes, but is not limited to the following services:
- Equipment Rack and Stack
- Cable, terminate, and dress fiber or copper network cabling
- Assist customers with the diagnosis of hardware and software issues on their equipment
- Power cycling of customer equipment
- Perform cabinet/cage audits
- Blade/Card, Memory, Hard Drive, and Transceiver installations or removal
- Testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices
- Shipping and Receiving of packages
What you'll need
- Receive, install, and test customer and internal cross connects of copper and fiber optic interconnections
- Use of power and hand tools (e.g., screwdrivers, drills, wire strippers, punch down tools, etc.)
- Provide timely customer and internal updates using a computer based ticketing system
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist to maintain overall Data Center cleanliness and appearance
- Work flexible shift schedules
- Report to the facility within a 1 hour average for emergency assistance as needed
A bit about us
- 3+ years of experience in Telecommunications or Data Center related field
- Understanding of telecom structured cabling standards
- Understanding of network device deployment
- Ability to communicate written and verbally
- Work flexible shift schedules
- Provide rotational on-call coverage
- Use of industry standard test equipment
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Professional business communication and interpersonal skills
- CompTIA A+ / Net + Certification preferred
- General knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory
- Understanding of Building Management System (BMS) and Branch Circuit Monitoring System (BCMS)
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer) and or/equivalents
- Lift and handle up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of network devices, materials, or equipment
- Work under a raised data center floor
- Climb ladders (up to 16 feet) to reach plenum spaces
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVD-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.