The Technical Sales Specialist will assist and support the field sales force in providing customers with the best solution to fit their needs. Will provide before and after sales support for customers and the field sales force. Will play a key liaison role between the manufacturing facilities and the field sales force. This includes the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for support as it relates to answering technical questions from customers, reps, distributors as well as sales engineers
- Due to the nature of this position, there will be extensive customer contact
- Evaluate applications for product line compatibility and sizing of equipment
- Demonstrate products at customer locations
- Work closely with sales, design engineering, and manufacturing, including the reporting of applications and product issues.
- Need to travel as necessary within a defined multi-state region (central region and eastern west region), must be able to drive or fly within the region with little notice
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Understanding of motion control theory
- Understanding of various fieldbus protocols
- Experience with multi-meters, oscilloscope, schematics
- Capable of working independently with customer in troubleshooting and set up of motion control systems
- Experienced with reading schematics and wiring, shielding and grounding practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working with Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales groups for technical assistance.
- Travel 15 - 20% to customer sites
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills to identify alternative and correct solutions
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision and within time limits
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years in providing motion control solutions (including servo motors, stepper motors, and servo amplifiers and controls)
- At least 2 years of this experience should be with applications and servo sizing
Physical demands-must be able to occasionally life up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
Work environment-this role requires working within the engineering lab which contains various motion amplifiers, servo motors and PLCS using high voltage (480 VAC). Working in the lab can be loud and also requires the use of personal protective equipment. This is a remote position working from your home.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.