The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is dedicated to our mission of Helping People Live Better Lives. One of the many groups we serve are high-acuity youth; their needs are often significant, complex, and vary from each youth. DHHS is dedicated to a therapeutic, rehabilitative, and holistic approach to their care and is in need of a Science Teacher at our Lincoln Youth Facility to assist in driving those efforts forward.
Our work in this role supports the successful provision of critical services to vulnerable Nebraskans. Apply today and join us in achieving our mission!
What we can offer you:
• Teacher Retirement Plan
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Continuous Learning Opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning courses
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Comprehensive Benefits Options
• Consistent Work Schedule M-F 7:45-3:45; no Conference days required
The State of Nebraska offers a comprehensive benefits package, learn more here! https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job classifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics.
Hiring rate: Based on the SCATA contract
Lincoln Youth Facility
Examples of Work
• Develop and implement both group and individual lesson plans for daily learning experiences
• Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
• Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods, adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student needs, abilities, and IEPs.
• Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares, administers, and grades tests.
• Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and physical health.
• Maintain professional communication with administration and facility administrators and leaders
• Oversee classes for high acuity youth ages 14-18. Additional duties may include, but not limited to, escorting students, community projects, and collaborative projects with other faculty / staff members.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with at least a 7-12 endorsement. Science Endorsement strongly preferred. DHHS will consider elementary endorsed willing to pursue a 7-12 endorsement. Transition to Teach candidates are welcome to apply.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited school
• Previous Teaching experience in the field preferred but not required
• Knowledge of NE State Standards and Rule 10
• Teaching experience with at risk youth is beneficial, but not a requirement.
• Classroom Management will be essential for the optimal learning opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Evaluate students abilities and interests through assessments and interviews, help students with individual planning to achieve academic and career goals, collaborate with teachers to help students succeed educationally.
For more information about this great opportunity, call LaDene Madson at 308-390-0214.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 18 hours ago
Posted about 18 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 15 hours ago