Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Business Technology is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Systems Technician. This position is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining various enterprise-wide systems as well as supporting internal IT partners across the enterprise.
Responsibilities include providing technical support to all teammates as well as maintaining certain IT infrastructures such as computers/laptops, phones, printers, servers, security systems and networking.
• Provide technical support to employees using phone, email, chat, and the ticketing system; provides in-person support to onsite employees and remote support to other locations
• Solve routine to moderately complex support issues with initiative, sound judgement, attention to detail, process orientation, clear communication when escalating and demonstrate exceptional customer service
• Record accurate and comprehensive information for requests, incidents, and user training documentation ensuring compliance with all SOX and auditor requirements
• Facilitate feedback loop between end-users, IT team, and other business functions to improve the user's experience with technology platforms.
• Assist in the implementation/installation, maintenance/troubleshooting, and licensing of software/applications
• Order, configure and deploy new equipment and manage used inventory and returned/loaner hardware and peripherals for timely disposition
• Procure, setup, configuration, distribution and troubleshooting of all mobile devices, both iOS and Android
• Setup, maintenance and troubleshooting conference room/AV equipment
• Printer and multi-function copier support, troubleshooting, set up and maintenance
• Work on projects and performs other duties as assigned
• Work a rotational on-call IT support schedule to include evenings and weekends as assigned
• Willing and able to work on multiple technical projects simultaneous with minimal direct supervision.
This is a full time in office position located in Prince George, VA. Overnight travel may be required.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago