This is hybrid role - Candidate shall plan to work remotely up to 90% of the time.
Computer World Services is seeking a System Engineer to support the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), as well as other Department intelligence stakeholders, with a streamlined and efficient ability to acquire a range of human centric solution design and development services that will enable innovative and efficient information technology (IT) solution development support enabling the Department to achieve intelligence mission objectives. The Intelligence Development and Enterprise Applications (IDEA) contract enables service providers to capture technology requirements; develop solutions which enhance capabilities to intake, store, process, enrich, and share intelligence information; plan service transition and training activities supporting solution implementation; and guide the implementation and maintenance of solutions across the full system lifecycle.
Program objectives include information technology support services to include software engineering support, system integration, operations (including security) and maintenance (O&M) support, solution development, business analysis, and senior enterprise application user support across all enterprise applications to support the INR Technology Innovation Office (INR/TIO) information technology requirements.
The successful highly skilled System Engineer will require a candidate that is responsible for keeping and organization running smoothly and efficiently. The candidate will support subsequent lifecycle and maintenance activities to sustain, combine, or enhance to continue
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, and maintains information system components within Government owned facilities.
- Integrates enterprise applications with other interconnected systems.
- Provides escalation support to system support personnel.
- Performs root cause analysis for errors or flaws and then communicates these anomality’s to the Development Team to recommend necessary remediation
- Utilize DevOps Principles and Technologies to perform duties.
- Supports Mission Applications and Operations and Maintenance of all current application integrated into the Enterprise and mission applications to be integrated over the life of the program.
- Will Plan, Develop, implement, operate, monitor, and enhance mission applications to provide a robust, reliable, efficient, and secure system function and availability across all security levels (Unclassified, Classified, JWICS 24/7/365)
- Oversee and collaborates with team members with IT system Administration, application delivery, content and configuration management activities.
- Supports with essential system upgrades, security patches, and modifications as well as other planned system maintenance
- Inventory of all HW/SW, System, and Network Diagrams and associated SOPs/Checklists for daily/weekly/monthly/annual maintenance tasks
- Supports patching, health monitoring, and back up.
- Track status of all activities (i.e. outstanding, in progress, complete)
- Provides support for Version-controlled repository of code that comprises product.
- Coordinates with PM, COR, GTMs to establish appropriate time to schedule actions and minimize disruptions of services and mission impact.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt and must provide proactive and retroactive communications.
- Coordinates with operations of other interconnected systems, intelligence community enterprise data standards governance bodies, and other department IT stakeholders, external government agencies and other INR service customers to identify new requirements, impacts of planned and unplanned changes, and troubleshooting incidents.
- Development of Help Desk Troubleshooting guides to provide to Tier 1
- Work in Agile teams
Education & Experience
- Required: BS Degree
- Required: Strong Understanding of DevOps Principles and Technologies
- Required: At least 8 years of experience in System Administration.
- Highly desirable, one or more of the following certifications:
- Networking, Cloud, Windows, Linux, Java, Python, C^, C++, cybersecurity
- Experience working with Enterprise IT support teams to plan, coordinate, and implement all activities necessary for deployment of enterprise applications.
- Experience with coordinating with other system operators from within and outside of a department
- Strong communication skills
- Applicable industry related certifications are a plus.
- Required: At least TOP-SECRET Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- Due to space limitations in INR (DoS facilities at Harry S. Truman Building), the Candidate shall plan to work remotely up to 90% of the time. When at DoS facilities, hoteling will be limited to few personnel who will be attending meetings and/or performing installs, support, While at DoS facilities, the Candidate will utilize Government furnished equipment.
- Must maintain in compliance with Department of State Telework Policies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
This job has expired.