Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a senior member of the professional staff, the SVP contributes expertise in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Resort Operations, Sales & Marketing etc.) area to support function and/or discipline objectives. Works with a high degree of independence, developing short-term and long-term goals for own department(s) in alignment with broader business objectives. Is a recognized authority in area of specialty, often serving as discipline interface with other areas. Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Specific Job Summary
As the senior asset management executive for the company, the Senior Vice President, Global Asset Management provides the strategic direction for all Company's brands, and the supporting asset management strategy to support the expected growth across the enterprise.
The SVP has oversight of the enterprise-wide Asset Management (AM) operating plan that governs business segment and joint venture project execution encompassing the delivery of single, complex mixed-use developments, joint ventures and other types of development partnerships. This position is expected to provide leadership that drive regional AM operations leaders to deliver business results and achieve stated business objectives against four strategic pillars: financial, customer, process, and associate across processes within MVW (including Marketing & Sales (M&S), Resort Operations (RO), Inventory & Revenue Management (IRM), Architecture & Construction (A&C), Information Technology (IT) and the enabling functions) and with external parties including Joint Venture (JV) partners, lenders, landlords, and tenants (as applicable).
The position will be based at MVW's headquarters in Orlando, Florida with travel as required.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- With a general planning horizon of 0 - 3 years, sets direction for area(s) of responsibility to achieve desired goals in alignment with function and/or discipline strategy.
- Leveraging knowledge and experience in area of expertise:
- identifies and implements improvements to business processes.
- evaluates alternatives and makes judgements on a full range of business issues.
- provides ongoing advice and guidance to the business concerning issues related to area of specialty.
- Manages large and/or multiple departments, processes and/or projects that have a broader function and/or discipline impact. Generally, influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Makes department/multi-department resource decisions that have a financial impact as well as an impact on meeting discipline and/or business goals.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- developing recruiting strategies based on evolving needs and profile of the business.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists senior management in achieving business results by:
- contributing to the development of long-term function and/or discipline strategy.
- sharing relevant information to help others understand and support business objectives.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- building relationships across the organization to align own technical area with broader organization direction and facilitate own function and discipline goals.
- contributing on a regular basis to operating efficiencies by recommending new and creative business management techniques.
- removing barriers to achieve greater performance.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Generic Candidate Profile
- Develop and manage the global Asset Management Strategy for all MVWC brands.
- Works closely with President, VO and Senior Vice Presidents (or delegates) during annual planning cycle.
- Responsible for Asset Management (AM) operating plans and developing AM performance metrics.
- Lead the AM team to drive execution of highly complex operating plans across a portfolio of projects ranging from wholly owned and joint ventures and other development partner relationships to mixed use and multi-brand projects to achieve stated performance objectives and measures, as well as sales distribution sites large or small, located at our resorts or off site.
- Establish strong working relationships established with internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with MVW leadership, providing direction during global business planning initiatives to ensure optimal deal terms, project economics and operating plans are created; provides consultative support as required.
- Maximize strategic partnerships including Marriott International to support business objectives ensuring compliance with the relevant agreements.
- Monitor project operational and financial performance and identifies business opportunities and challenges early; defines creative solutions and lead internal cross-enterprise teams to resolve issues and leverage opportunities to optimize performance.
- Identifies and communicates potential changes of strategic operating plan to secure necessary MVW & Hyatt regulatory and other approvals.
- Understands the brand standards for MVW, Hyatt, and any new brands introduced to the Company's portfolio to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Develop thorough understanding of the current state of MVW's A&C project and deliverables, IT infrastructure, inventory operations and current activities in these areas to inform Asset Management requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all deal and debt agreements.
- Oversight of ongoing AM relationships with lenders and MVW Treasury.
- Lead change management efforts as required to enhance performance.
- Integrate approved changes into operating plans to enhance financial results.
- Formulate and negotiate complex contractual changes as necessary and gain approval from the appropriate governance bodies, e.g., IRC or Corporate Growth Council (CGC).
- Review and approve any CapEx expenditures prior to submission to the MVW Executive or appropriate governance structure.
- Provide consultative support to MVW developers during the course of deal discussions and maintain relationships with key government and development stakeholders following deal approval.
- Work with the MVW developer to identify new associated deals, sequel projects and other opportunities.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with local government officials and other stakeholders, as required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Typically, a senior position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines as well as associate and/or organizational management experience. College degree preferred, or similar practical work experience. Advance degree or professional certification may also be required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience. MBA would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience within the Timeshare industry required; experience with MVW, Hyatt, or Welk resort operations would be preferred.
- 15+ years in a senior executive leadership role with strong knowledge of project finance, strategic planning, construction activities, corporate tax, partnerships and real estate; awareness of legal and environmental issues, preferred.
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills required.
- Strong business and financial acumen with proven analytical skills and an understanding of valuation theories and processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing the corporate functions within related industry required, including experience with strategic planning, budgeting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, SOPs and project management.
Skills & Attributes
- Collaborative, inclusive predisposition toward creative and innovative problem solving.
- Senior level, executive presence.
- Ability to conduct successful, senior-level business discussions / negotiations in a variety of cultures.
- Strong project management skills: ability to integrate and balance priorities, work resources and activities for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- History of consistently delivering business results in large and highly complex situations.
- Ability to articulate and communicate the Global Asset Management Strategy at the EC and Board levels.
- Excellent leadership and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Thorough understanding of the key metrics and financial environment of the Vacation Ownership business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict.
- Proven ability to independently identify and analyze problems/issues, assess risk, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend course of action.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.