West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for Survey Research Specialist (Hybrid/Remote) for the Office of Health Affairs
About the Opportunity
WVU Office of Health Affairs (OHA) is seeking a Survey Research Specialist to join our Survey Research Team. The Survey Research Specialist will support the implementation of current and future survey initiatives associated with the Office of Health Affairs. The position works under general supervision of the project leader(s) and the Survey Research Team Director and performs a wide range of highly technical and complex survey activities.
West Virginia University’s Office of Health Affairs frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia’s Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Ideal candidates will have work experience that aligns with the mission of DHHR’s Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children and Families, Bureau for Behavioral Health and Bureau for Public Health, as well as have experience with large-scale, complex surveys.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
• 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
• WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
• 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
• Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for conducting multi-modal survey research and pilot activities of one or more concurrent complex survey-related projects.
- Completes quantitative projects or tasks involving web, mail, telephone, in-person, and other survey data collection activities.
- Travels to collect and record survey data as appropriate to the specific objectives of the project and/or survey.
- Codes and verifies data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures and enters data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Develops or assists in the development of survey interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews, either in person, by telephone or online.
- Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual project.
- Designs, implements, and maintains data collection tools and survey instruments and documents data collection processes and procedures.
- Conducts and records face-to-face and/or telephone survey interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined protocols, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
- Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
- Responsible for completing complex quantitative and/or qualitative research and evaluation activities according to prescribed project workplans
- Searches and reviews literature for related research developments and techniques and compiles findings using prescribed processes and procedures.
- Helps prepare IRB applications and materials.
- Compiles, collects, and assists with interpretation of data. May perform analyses of secondary and/or primary data depending on the needs of the project.
- Communicates results of research assignments to internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Prepares written materials, charts, graphs, reports, and presentations on research results, methods, and findings.
- Ensures research and evaluation activities are compliant with WVU, federal, and state policies and procedures for the responsible conduct of research, as well as activities adhere to established OHA PDMO policies and procedures.
- May help develop peer-reviewed manuscripts, abstracts, conference presentation materials.
- May present findings at local, state, or national conferences and/or meetings in collaboration with project team
- Conducts and/or assists with special projects or other duties as assigned
- Earned Master's degree in a health science-related field; OR equivalent amount of combined education and directly related professional research or survey related work experience
- Two (2) year's of direct experience in health-related research or evaluation.
- Two (2) year's of experience with survey research in a professional office environment.
- At least six (6) months experience working with multi-modal software for survey research including CATI, CAWI, etc.
- One (1) year experience creating and managing online survey platforms (e.g., REDcap, Qualtrics).
- One (1) year of experience working collaboratively with state-level policy stakeholders is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in health-related research and evaluation techniques
- Demonstrated ability in survey research design and methods
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Survey interviewing and data collection skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field research procedures and protocols.
- Computer data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and/or database applications in the compilation of research data.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
- Able to work independently under general supervision.
- Able to read and interpret verbal and written directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and follow through on assignments.
- Strong precision and attention to detail skills.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and be able to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to prepare and present findings that are clear and understandable to diverse stakeholders.
- Skills using and identifying health data and literature, or other reports related to assigned project
- Ability to project and maintain a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skills developing research survey questionnaires desired
- Experience with statistical and qualitative analysis activities and software such as SPSS, SAS, Atlas Ti, and NVivo desired
The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.
This job has expired.