The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Support Services Specialist to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
About the UI Admission and Transfer Center:
Position Specific Summary:
- The Admission and Transfer Center (ATC) operates the high volume patient admit and transfer center, facilitating patient access to UI Health Care inpatient services through telephone and electronic based communication. The ATC serves as a contact center for internal providers as well as external referring providers,and serves over 20 departments across University of Iowa Health Care.
- The Support Services Specialist position will perform work within the Admission and Transfer Center. This position responds efficiently and effectively to healthcare professionals,university staff members, insurance companies and the general pubic via multi-line phones and various electronic means in a busy call center. This position provides a positive first impression to referring providers,offering one call resolution when within scope. The Support Services Specialist will provide admission and transfer support for all inpatient care needs, and problem solve issues that arise. This position will also follow the appropriate workflows to confirm the patient is recommended for admission by the accepting provider, and is socially, and financially screened when appropriate prior to their transfer or admission.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Schedule:
E shift 8/12 hours 1100-2300 primarily M-F included in holiday rotation, occasional weekend coverage Location:
Old Capital Building Benefits Highlights:
Education or Equivalency Required
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typically (6months-1year) administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer spreadsheet and database applications and experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Power Point, and Excel).
- Experience with medical terminology.
- Experience with the Epic system.
- Experience with admitting or transferring patients in the inpatient setting.
Please attach a resume
as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of14calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Nursing Recruitment at 319-356-2285.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.References
- Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process
- Classification Title: Support Services Specialist
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 3A
- Starting Salary Minimum: 38,439.00
- Starting Salary Maximum: 71,244.00
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Rebecca Beggs
- Contact Email: email@example.com