Supply Planning Manager
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules for over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana - the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for leading the Production Planners and Material Planners. The manager will ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and available to the global supply network, building and maintaining external and internal customer relationships.
What you'll do:
- Leads teams on matters related to production planning and material planning.
- Supports Formulation and Packing Process Execution Teams (PET) in ensure understanding of operations daily schedule and ensures alignment with Supply Planning requirements.
- Collaborates closely with the Logistics and Warehouse Manager, Procurement, Customer Relationship Managers and Bristol Myers Squibb to ensure seamless collaboration between all Supply Chain functions and ensures overall customer service is maintained.
- Executes Global Supply Chain strategies for moderate to highly-complex processes, products, and product families within the Mt. Vernon site.
- Contributes to the development of Global Supply Chain strategies through specific projects and assignments.
- Reviews demand plans versus supply plans and identifies gaps and exceptions; works closely with Asset Planner, Global Supply Planners (GSP), and Global External Sourcing (GES), and other key stakeholders for solutions.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels through data analysis and internal communications; coordinates cross-functional activities.
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics and recommends corrective actions.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across the Global Supply Chain network.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory agencies on matters related to Supply Chain Management, safety, environmental, and foreign trade.
- Creates new ideas and processes, delivers results, and drives for continuous innovation and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures planning team is meeting all designated requirements in support of Planning Excellence and meets standards for Global Supply Planning.
- Coaches, trains, and develops Production and Material Planners in order to develop team into an agile, flexible supply node.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Engineering, or related discipline required.
- 5 - 7 years relevant experience.
- Management experience in Logistics, Purchasing, or Planning within a dynamic and fast-paced manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, leading, and managing in a complex environment.
- Fosters continued training and developmental job assignments to further enhance the technical and leadership skills of Team.
- Maintains and develops a full understanding of the production resources, capacities, and constraints within the Supply Chain and Customer Service.
- Possesses an understanding of key internal and external customers and functional areas including demand management, marketing, and sales; possesses an in-depth understanding of manufacturing, planning, distribution, demand creation, financial process, and their interdependencies.
- Knowledgeable in financial and operational measures such as customer service KPIs, inventory DOH, cash flow measurement, and COGS.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized production and inventory control systems, such as SAP.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management, having the ability to influence other team members across all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving,
- Supply Management
- APICS certification.
- Knowledgeable in SAP APO.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Interested? Come and join our journey!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.