Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Supervise/direct work crew in the processing of scrap metal.
- Maintain daily work schedule, ensuring team carries out assignments in an efficient and safe manner.
- Supervise, train, orient and direct staff of non-technical production subordinates.
- Proactively identifies safety and production improvements and brings these ideas to the attention of management.
- Hands-on supervision to include all aspects of shredder operation and maintenance.
- Interact with customers, coworkers and peers in a professional manner.
- Motivate team members to achieve positive results. Provide regular constructive feedback to team members.
- Anticipate parts and castings requirements and provide the to the facility manager.
- Support the facility manager in the scheduling of plant production to include both planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Routine inspection of all equipment and or machinery, such as: shredder, eddy current; air system, motor, electrical and hydraulic components, cranes, loaders, skid steers, forklifts, and any other small equipment and or machinery.
- Ability to develop and implement effective procedures to improve safety, productivity, and efficiency.
- Ability to direct and supervise production and maintenance personnel
- Previous heavy industrial supervisory experience (min. 2 yrs.) preferably in a scrap metal shredding environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet production needs
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook helpful.
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and team building skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet production needs.