Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
To be the primary point of contact for several key campus partners for housing assignment related items and perform complex program support functions for assignments, deposits, extended stay/early arrival requests, door access, routine audits, student communication, and other Housing and Residence Life processes.
Housing and Residence Life provides a vibrant residential experience that promotes inclusiveness, learning, academic excellence, and meaningful relationships.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
60% of the time the Summer Housing Coordinator must:
35% of the time the Summer Housing Coordinator must: Student Staff Supervision:
- Review extended stay and early arrival requests and make decisions regarding approving or denying the request based on policies. Manage administrative processes including early arrival and extended stay requests, including communicating with students regarding their requests.
- Perform data imports into door access system and ensure all residents have necessary door access.
- Oversee and regularly update approximately 20% of the HRL website. This will require extensive knowledge of departmental programs and processes and coordination with stakeholders impacted by the policies.
- Write documentation for procedures and ensure procedures are on an annual calendar.
- Provide excellent customer service to, and regularly communicate with campus partners regarding questions about processes, and the assignment of specific students and student groups.
- Independently assign students in these groups, and process assignment changes as they arise.
- Process cancellations and ensure billing is correct for all cancellations. Make sure all billing procedures are updated and accurate.
- Load dining plans for student staff members onto students' accounts and process dining plan upgrades.
- Communicate with other staff to resolve problems with individual students. Observe students to detect and report unusual behavior.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate residence hall staff, including resident assistants, participants in work-study programs, and other student workers.
- Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary
- Provide a safe environment - one that promotes both physical and emotional well-being
- Assists in coordinating recruitment, hiring, & training of approximately 60 student staff
Responsible for the supervision, evaluation, and development of approximately 30 student staff
- Work in coordination with the Manager for Conference and Guest Housing to provide support to 60 student staff for summer guest housing
Customer Service and Community Development:
- Maintain accurate records, auditing to ensure compliance with university & applicable laws
- Submit work requests and track maintenance schedule
- Manage summer housing web pages
- Create and update documented standard procedures
5% of the time the Summer Housing Coordinator must: Other Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to current and prospective clients
- Accessible Monday-Friday, during business hours to answer questions and reply promptly to email and phone
- Addresses negative community behavior and/or general guest issues during stays
- Foster great working relationships and collaborate with department members and campus partners to regularly evaluate and improve processes.
Other duties as assigned which support the overall operation of Housing and Residence Life's facilities and the success of the residents Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great work ethic
- Ability to process data in spreadsheets and perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to monitor record systems to identify and correct errors
- Ability to interpret, explain, and apply laws, regulations, and complex policies and procedures
- Ability to deal with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Customer service skills
- Ability to be self-guided, work autonomously, and/or work as a member of a team, depending on context
- Ability to write clear and concise procedures
Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience Salary and Benefits:
Salary starts at $42,000 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/
. Required Application Materials:
Please provide an up to date resume and a cover letter. Advertised:
October 25, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time Applications close:
November 8, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time
This job has expired.