VICE PRES INFORMATION TECHNLGY (UA-VPIT-IUBLA)
The OmniSOC at IU has an internship opportunity working with the OSG security team.
Department Specific Responsibilties
- Works closely with security analysts, researchers, administrators, and technology providers on campus and remotely to conduct software asset inventories, deploy custom scripts, evaluate container images and run security exercises.
- potential to expand work to pilot conducting and automating scanning container images for compliance with OSG policies.
- Provides students with real-world experience in cybersecurity including risk assessment, vulnerability management, and security controls implementation.
- Works with OSG Security Team to generate inventory of critical services and software
- Adds to OSG security documentation through software/services inventory and creating a software bill of goods for OSG developed software projects
- Tests tools for scanning high performance computing resource pools and analyzing container images for compliance with policy
- Assists OSG security team with day to day cybersecurity operations tasks, including risk assessment, tabletop exercise planning and execution, report generation, and vulnerability scanning.
- Currently enrolled as a student at Indiana University.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Linux systems via command line interface
- Computing skills across Linux platforms, including operating systems and applications
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Technical writing experience
- Some DevOps familiarity
- Some programming and scripting (python/bash/etc)
Wage/Salary: $15.00 per hour Work Hours
Commitment to working a minimum of 10 hours per week
Flexible, an average of 10-15 hours per weekJob Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.