The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Statistical Analyst III for the Division of Behavioral Health. This position completes complex analyses and reports associated with utilization of data as necessary to inform programs, drive decisions, and influence policy.
Nebraska Department of Behavioral Health is seeking an analyst with experience in working with health-related data.
Do you have project management and analysis abilities, skills and knowledge? If so, we are looking for you! Join our TEAM and apply today!!
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and Benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Behavioral Health, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
NSOB - 301 Centennial Mall South, 4th Floor, Division of Behavioral Health, Lincoln, NE 68509
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Examples of Work
The Statistical Analyst III is a position that requires skills and expertise to accomplish multi-level tasks including:
• Project management and providing oversight to the system partners.
• Using SQL to extract complex data from a database system.
• Managing databases.
• Performing complex data analysis according to Federal, State and Division requirements.
• Organize findings into formats which will help others to evaluate and understand significance.
• Preparing periodic reports/ summaries/projections/presentations for ongoing program, ad-hoc, and system analysis needs.
• Devising and modifying questionnaires and surveys.
• Conducting sampling procedures and other manual and/or electronic formats used to gather and tabulate data.
• Presenting to and interacting with system partners regarding data collection, integrity and accuracy tied to continuous quality improvement and demonstrate value.
• Communicating insights and perspectives that can facilitate the Division to make informed and data driven decisions regarding system needs and changes pertaining to programs and policies.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economic/social science research methods, or a related field of quantitative analysis and two years experience in research and evaluation involving the application of statistical methods and techniques to program, administrative, survey, or demographic data; additional experience in this work can be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Post Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economic/social science research methods, or a related field of quantitative analysis.
Master's degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, economic/social science research methods, survey research and methodology, quantitative psychology, or other related field with quantitative analysis.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE: Experience using SQL for data extraction from a data warehouse and experience running complex analyses using multiple statistical software (SAS, SPSS, STATA, GIS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• principles and procedures of survey design, methodology, random sampling, and probability;
• methods and techniques of statistical analyses and data collection;
• State and Federal laws, policies, and standards governing the programs/projects related to behavioral health;
• the kinds and sources of statistical data pertinent to the behavioral health system;
• techniques of program analysis, including fidelity tools and processes for review;
• manual and automated methods and protocols for data collection, processing and analyses.
• multiple statistical packages and database formats in addition to Microsoft Office (SQL, GIS, SPSS, SAS, STATA)
• effective communication in person, by telephone, and by email correspondence with varied audiences and across an array of topics
• time management (organizing, tracking, and prioritizing work) to meet deadlines,
• data visualization (construct tabular and illustrative materials such as tables and charts)
• understanding, applying, and offering technical assistance to others on technical narrative material;
• summarizing program/project and administrative data into technical reports and presentations;
• applying survey and statistical methods and techniques for analysis and interpretation of data;
• implementing statistical studies or evaluation surveys within organizational constraints and available resources
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago