7118 - Laurel - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, the State Inspection Technician performs State vehicle safety inspections tests per state and/or federal regulations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform state inspections using appropriate equipment and adhering to prescribed rules, standards and procedures
- Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- 2 Year automotive trade school degree or has minimum 2 years automotive experience
- Requires appropriate state inspection certification
- Work with and through associates of other departments within the store.
- Perform additional duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment as requested by supervisor
- Possess above attention to detail and demonstrate manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Speak and listen to customers, associates and managers in person, on the phone, and/or on the radio.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Comply with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment; May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended time.
- Variable work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays and extended hour days.
- Comply with all state, federal and company regulations, procedures and work rules.
- Adheres to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health, and Safety) and standards of Professional Appearance.
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax.
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
This job has expired.