What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Here at Sam's Club, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of seamless member experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey. We are member focused and believe in providing world class experience through our technology team.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.
What you'll do:
You will play a lead technical role in architecting scalable data science solutions working with business, product, and engineering partners and deliver outstanding business outcomes. You'll spend your days implementing MLOPs best practices and guiding other DS team members through the processes of optimizing and deploying various ML models and solutions. You will help establish best practices for model deployment, monitoring, and risk assessment, and be instrumental in productionizing and optimizing ML solutions for low latency inference times.
What you'll bring:
- Work closely with data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and application developers to help build ML and statistics driven models and continuous model monitoring workflows
- Solve business problems by scaling advanced Machine Learning algorithms and complex statistical models on large volumes of data
- Own the MLOps lifecycle, from data monitoring to refactoring code and build robust ML model lifecycle
- Demonstrate strong thought-leadership and consult with product and business stakeholders to build, scale, and deploy holistic machine learning solutions after successful prototyping
- Guide team members in achieving MLOps-driven data science outcomes and handle multiple products and initiatives
- Follow industry best practices, stay up to date with and extend the state of the art in machine learning research and practice
- Participate in internal technical councils and represent the organization in forums that involve community of machine learning engineers
You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you come with the following -
Benefits & Perks
- You have engineering mindset and exposure to software engineering principles, Agile methodologies, CICD, distributed systems and implemented that in Machine Learning projects
- You have experience in Forecasting and Anomaly detection DS solution development and deployment in real world scenarios.
- You have strong knowledge of Machine Learning, MLOps, MLflow, Kubeflow, Python, SQL, Big Data, GCP, Shell scripting and Kafka.
- Experience in scaling infrastructure to support high-throughput data-intensive applications using PySpark/GPU
- You worked on integrating ML models with webservices
- You have experience creating test cases to review and validate AI/ML designs and models
- You have experience in statistical methods and advanced modeling techniques (e.g., SVM, Random Forest, Bayesian inference, graph models, neural networks, etc.)
- You have experience of monitoring models in production
- You have excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$216,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related areaPrimary Location...
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.
This job has expired.