As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for governing the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for a wide array of measurement and automated system software projects in support of ingestible sensor manufacturing. The role will require you to lead a cross-functional team to develop instrument control and measurement software, as well as data analytics and visualization applications. You will also be expected to contribute as a team-member by coding data-parsing modules, writing database queries, or developing application programming interfaces.
In this role you'll be expected to gather requirements from stakeholders, select the appropriate technologies, come up with a robust overall software design, and develop a software solution meeting these requirements. Your solutions are expected to be performant, reliable, and in compliance with the SDLC, with a code base that is well organized and documented.
The Staff Software Engineer is a senior position that also requires responsibility above and beyond SDLC governance. As such, you'll be expected to represent our group in collaborative process and engineering meetings. You'll also act as a technical liaison between various interrelated departments such as IT, Operations Engineering, and Data Analytics. Finally, you may be looked upon to give guidance to junior engineers and/or oversee the work of subcontractors who are contributing to group projects.
- Design, develop, test, and validate software for customized test measurement systems supporting Otsuka's ingestible sensor production, ensuring data integrity, user interface, and calibration needs are adequately addressed.
- Execute the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) and adhere to change control guidance according to department procedures and FDA 21 CFR part 820 requirements
- Drive projects for technical initiatives which require software solutions, writing code that is organized, easy to maintain, and well documented
- Create software solutions which are performant, scalable, reliable, and user friendly
- Evaluate and implement production informatics systems such as SPC controls, MES, MRP/ERP
- Maintain legacy systems with bug fixes and enhancements
- Work iteratively to improve the execution speed and reliability of solutions under your control
- Facilitate requirements-gathering process and produce requirements documentation
- Evaluate commercial off-the-shelf solutions for suitability in lieu of custom-developed solutions
- Advise other departments on best practices for sub-system communication
Education / Experience
- Integrity and patience needed to ensure all regulatory requirements are met each and every time; and the sense of responsibility to highlight and alert management when these requirements are not met
- Experience National Instruments Measurement Studio or LabView integrated with C#
- Familiar with NI data acquisition with NI-DAQmx data acquisition driver
- Knowledge of programming languages: Primary: C#, Python. Secondary: C/C++, Java
- Experience with .NET Framework, ASP.NET or Flask with Angular.
- Knowledge and experience with Asynchronous programming and multi-threading in C#
- Experience in MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) design pattern specifically with WPF
- Experience with Rest API design and implementation
- Experience with relational database design, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analysis; familiarity with statistical visualization software: JMP/Spotfire
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection and Dependency Inversion Principle
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, excellent communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Controls Engineering, or related engineering field
- 10+ years software development in measurement, controls, or automated systems
- 5+ years software development in a regulated environment (Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- Experience with support of deployed test systems in high-volume manufacturing
- Agile / Scrum project management experience
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.