SRC Compliance Officer
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
As part of the SRC leadership team, assists in the administrative and clinical support required of the SRC Program. This position will focus efforts on ensuring that all clinics are reaching The Joint Commission (TJC) and Health Services Resource Administration (HRSA) Community Health Center (CHC) compliance standards to the fullest extent possible. They will also be responsible to ensure staff receive adequate training regarding TJC, CHC, and HIPAA required procedures, as well as any other policies that relate to clinical and financial compliance issues. Collaborates with YKHC staff, local Traditional Village and City Councils, and staff from other agencies to ensure the best possible healthcare within the villages of the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta region.
- Bachelors degree required in health related field or business administration
- Broad range of healthcare background with demonstrated healthcare expertise.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical and financial compliance issues mandated by TJC, HRSA and other regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in clinic management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal formats as well as facilitate meetings
- Strong supervisory, management and teaching skills.
- Dependable, and maintains confidentiality.
- Able and willing to leave the home base for periods of time for training and job assignments.
- Able and willing to perform job functions, including travel, year-round in sub arctic conditions.
- Able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Valid State of Alaska Driver's License or ability to acquire driver's license.
- Satisfactory reference and criminal checks.
- Negative drug screen.
- Significant experience using Word, Excel, Power Point, SQL, database creation and maintenance, big data extraction, creating dashboards graphs and charts strongly preferred.
- Policy and procedure writing
- Must be adept with Cerner data extraction applications such as, but not limited to PowerInsight, Discern Analytics, Discern Explorer, CPS and QSI within 3 months of hire.
- Experience writing reports.
- Excellent human relations skills and oral/written communication skills.
- Able to effectively use English for both written and verbal communication. Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the cultural discrepancies that are present within YK-Delta communities.
- Improvement science and methodology preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:14750Location:AniakDepartment:Aniak Subregional CenterEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.