Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
In Analytical Sciences in Gaithersburg, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role, the Senior Scientist will develop and implement various mass spectrometry-based methods to characterize protein structures, study protein-substrate interactions, and understand cell biology to facilitate process development. Responsibilities will include participating and leading technology development initiatives. Attention to detail and the overall quality of analytical results and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment are critical to this position.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- In-depth structural characterization of biopharmaceuticals, such as recombinant proteins, bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates.
- Draft relevant sections of CMC documents (EoS, Comparability, etc.) for regulatory submissions.
- Keep accurate records of all experiments, data, equipment logs and troubleshoot the instruments as necessary
- Make detailed observations, data analyses and result interpretations
- Present and discuss experimental results at group/project team meetings and external scientific forums
- Authorize SOPs and other technical documents
Education: PhD in analytical chemistry with an emphasis on protein mass spectrometry strongly preferred
- Ph.D. with 0+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of applying LC-MS/MS techniques for protein characterization
- In-depth knowledge in mass spectrometry and separation science
- Extensive experience on operating and maintaining different mass spectrometric instruments
- Experience in using data analysis software such as Xcalibur, MassLynx, BioPharma Finder, Protein Metrics, UNIFY, and HDExaminer, etc.
- Experience in structural mass spectrometry
- Experience with biopharmaceutical development in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarize with GLP and GMP requirements during biopharmaceutical product development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Instinctive teammate with excellent people skills
- Experience in biophysical characterization, proteomics MS, hydrogen-deuterium exchange (HDX) MS, nanoLC-MS, host cell protein (HCP) analysis by LC-MS, on-line Interfacing SEC-MS, IEC-MS, CE-MS (e.g. ZipChip), ion mobility MS for higher-order structure (HOS) analysis, is a plus
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.