Supports cement plant Maintenance and Production departments with problem solving and project execution in order to reduce down time, improve process and lower operating costs by effectively applying Reliability Engineering methods and predictive/preventive maintenance programs. Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Oversee the Plant Reliability including all Plant Utilities (Dust Collectors, Water, Plant Air), Implementation of Preventative Maintenance Activities (PMO), and all reliability task on both kiln lines (Vibration, Inspections, Tribology, Ultrasound, etc.)
- Lead and develop new Reliability Engineers including overseeing activities, supplying guidance, setting up training, and implementing new reliability techniques.
- Works closely with Planner and Procurement to ensure that all necessary inventories are established for spare parts and most common repair parts for critical equipment.
- Inspects and evaluates equipment and develops reliability centered maintenance programs.
- Works closely with Planner and Procurement to establish and maintain effective Bill of Materials (BOM) process in conjunction with maintenance program.
- Troubleshoots problems in the plant by studying and determining root causes of failures.
Implements corrective / preventive maintenance actions ensuring optimal reliability.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Identifies, collects, analyzes, and manages various types of data to minimize failures and improve performance, and will use failure analysis and other types of root cause analysis in support of reliability.
- Develop a catalog database of prior RCA's and develop SOP's when needed. Develop database that is searchable and sharable with other plants to improve reliability.
- Implement a continuous improvement program in the Reliability Department to improve process/condition of plant utilizing 5-S strategy
- Establishes and manages the lubrication and oil analysis programs for all systems.
- Establishes and maintains preventative maintenance measures and documentation for all equipment.
- Maintains and modifies, as needed, the plant engineering systems and library.
- Manages projects including but not limited to project safety, scope development, budget, tracking/controlling, coordinating with internal resources as well as outside vendors.
- Assists with departmental budget development, maintenance reporting, and capital expenditure requests.
- Motivates and engages all levels of employees to assist in generating creative ways to drive continuous improvement and increased reliability.
- Must stay up to date with current industry equipment to advise on improvements that could be implemented within the facility.
- Fosters a culture of reliability. Develops and provides training to personnel so that they can support safety, equipment reliability, and process efficiency.
- Develop Annual Budget for Reliability including Dust Collector re-bag cycle, lubrication costs, and liner changeout plan.
- Oversee department with total of 4 salary positions, 2 inspectors, 6 lubrication techs, and 6 Dust Collector Attendants.
- Assist in other plant facilities when needed with Reliability tasks or training opportunities including the implementation of new technologies within the industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineering or other related engineering field.
- Related Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years in Engineering
- Previous experience working in manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
- Experience in cement, lime or similar process strongly preferred
- Understands strategic management aspects of reliability engineering, its relationship to safety and quality, its impact on warranty programs, the consequences of failure, and the potential for liability.
- Understands reliability programs and how various engineering and operational systems must be integrated to achieve overall program goals and alignment with organizational goals. Will use risk analysis tools and techniques to evaluate equipment and system safety and efficiency issues.
- Ability to develop product and process reliability requirements using reliability and design techniques such as FMEA, fault tolerance, optimization, etc.
- Ability to develop models to analyze and predict reliability performance using block diagrams, physics of failure, apportionment, dynamic reliability, and simulations.
- Ability to use probability and statistical tools to analyze equipment lifecycle, conduct testing, understand, and interpret appropriate statistical models.
- Ability to apply the principles of maintainability and availability over the lifecycle of the equipment, process, or system and will identify and support appropriate testing methods and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of cement production process, instrumentation, process controls (PLC's), motors, starters, and VFD's preferred
- Knowledge of fluid systems (compressible and non-compressible), Vibration, Rotating
- Extensive computer software knowledge required including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and Autocad. Experience with or ability to quickly learn Oracle and Project software.
- Project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to research to resolve ambiguous information effectively
- Ability to direct, motivate and coach activities of others
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in problem solving
- Excellent work ethic - high standard of performance and production
- Ability to exercise independent decision-making, prioritize conflicting demands
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language, communicate positively with employees, customers, and vendors at all levels
- Must understand and comply with Lockout/Tagout procedure and safety requirements
- Ability to see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- Physical ability to climb on equipment to provide supervision during work
- Drive automobile to various plant sites and work locations. Some overnight travel required
- Physical requirements also include visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, climbing on equipment, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, and squatting to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Manual dexterity to operate telephone, personal computer, fax and copy machines and other office equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work at heights up to 350' as required.
- Must be able to walk up to 200 yards over rough, uneven and/or wet slippery terrain.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, and rain).Must be able to work in noisy environment with noise levels up to 120 dba.Must be able to work in environments including vibration and mechanical and electrical hazards.Must be able to work any assigned shift. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS's). DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.