SUMMARY:Compliance with all OSHA and Akorn safety requirements.Demonstrate the ability to interpret engineering and equipment installation drawingsDemonstrate a thorough and timely response to critical facility problems including environmental monitoring, security and fire alarms parameters.Be able to operate and troubleshoot freeze dryer / lyophilizer equipment and systems.Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
Performs routine, reactive, and preventative maintenance (PM) on all production equipment at the Grand facility. Operate mechanical and electrical systems to support throughput related operations.
1. Install new equipment and perform preventative (PM) on all production equipment at the Grand facility. This includes but is not limited to mechanical and electrical activities. Typical types of production equipment include filling, packaging, washing, lyophilization, and sterilization equipment.
2. Perform routine maintenance on production equipment and components. This item includes all of the equipment listed above and may require the incumbent to work any shift and may necessitate both scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The incumbent may be required to carry and respond to a cell phone, pager or radio.
3. Work with all departments to increase the capacity of the manufacturing group by enhancing the reliability of equipment at the Decatur facilities. Keep an open line of communication across department and managerial lines.
4. Document and record all operating and maintenance data; may write purchase requisitions as instructed.
5. Assist with IQ, OQ and PQs.
6. Demonstrate, repetitively, the ability to perform soft soldering and solvent plastic welding in pressure applications, providing structurally adequate and neat work without defects.
7. Good organization skills to maintain a neat, clean and orderly work environment and facility.
8. Demonstrate the ability to understand and independently monitor, control and communicate the condition of all facility alarm systems to internal and external authorized personnel.
9. Demonstrate the ability to use basic hand tools, power tools and meters (DVM, Amp and Ohm).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. General knowledge or educational training of mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment. One to two years of related experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Two to five years of operating and maintaining Serail lyophilizers is preferred.JOB PREREQUISITES:
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines. PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Mental Requirements include:
Company Overview Who we are?
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.