The Sr. Mechanical Engineer (ME) will be responsible for the design of all mechanical systems in customized AC and DC Power Modules, IT Modules and Data Centers for three core market segments; IT, Telecom and Industrial. This position will support all mechanical engineering inquiries and business development activities. The Mechanical Engineer will provide general mechanical designs for Data Centers, Telecommunications Central Offices, Switching Centers, Video Hub Offices, etc. and will work directly with the module integration facility to develop a detailed drawing package for the integration of all mechanical systems and will provide layout drawings for the equipment that is to be integrated into the module, HVAC ductwork, all cable management systems and power distribution busway. The Mechanical Engineer will complete the design based on local codes including seismic, hurricane, climate, etc. The Mechanical Engineer will coordinate with facility structural design, electrical systems (including Building Management Systems), Fire Suppression design, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing and commissioning.
- Serve as the Lead Mechanical Engineer (ME) to provide conceptual and detailed design of all mechanical systems including HVAC design, cable management systems, fire suppression layouts, equipment layouts and general arrangements, etc.
- Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
- Create designs which meet or exceed Vertiv quality requirements and fall within budgetary requirements.
- Review and approve mechanical product submittals.
- Provide a detailed Schematic Design(SD), Detail Design(DD) and Construction Drawing(CD) narrative for mechanical design aspects of the solution
- Thermal transfer calculations (fire ratings and thermal bridges)
- Simple CFD analysis
- Manage and support contracted integration companies in regards to mechanical systems integration and the creation of integration drawings.
- General layout drawings for all mechanical systems
- Material specification - ductwork, cable management systems including cable tray, Fiber Management systems, wireway, busway, etc.
- Work with Vertiv's business units, Business Partners and preferred vendors to specify the appropriate mechanical equipment like cooling system components, cable management systems, fire suppression piping and other mechanical components.
- Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to and during construction phases.
- Quality control during integration of mechanical systems
- Support for all on site integration support
- Conceptual module design in presales stage
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation and performance of mechanical systems.
- Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, mechanical systems audits and start-up as needed.
- May communicate with the customer in order to design the best possible solution for his needs.
- Offer creative, out of the box solutions to the customer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or acceptable experience
- Professional engineering (PE) License - optional
- Minimum 4 years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Knowledge of local, state, & federal building codes governing the construction, installation and deployment of modular/transportable buildings
- Working knowledge in AutoDesk suite of Engineering software including AutoCAD and Revit
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and equipment specifications
- Must be able to clearly interpret customer specification requirements.
- Ability to research new designs, technologies and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities
- Ability to think outside the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Proven Project Management skills
Vertiv is a $4.4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.