Who Are We?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us.
This role reports to the Director of Operations and establishes the long-term materials planning strategy for the assigned site and optimizes daily execution levels to achieve ideal supply continuity. This position drives best practices across the Materials organization. Functional areas supported by this leadership position include planning, scheduling, production control, inventory management, warehouse operations, shipping, receiving and overall material flow throughout the site.
This position collaborates with other members of the plant leadership team to identify and address materials related issues and lead the supply planning process as part of the Integrated Business Planning system, which includes collaboration and alignment with other business and functional leaders.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Drive SAP system design, deployment, and operational competency
- Develop robust Integrated Business Planning and SIOP process
- Manage capacity versus load to optimize utilization of plant capabilities and manufacturing efficiency
- Support lean systems implementation to include PFEP, Kanban, Pull, warehouse and market design, and material delivery loops delivering best practice resource deployment in Materials
- Research, recommend, and implement advanced technology to drive productivity in materials systems to include automated storage/retrieval, picking/put-away efficiency, mobile computing advancements, and advanced material handling solutions
- Drive continuous improvement in working capital measurements through inventory management initiatives that drive out waste, minimize excess/obsolete, complement lead time reduction, and improve overall turns
- Full job description will be provided to final candidate at point of offer.
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company .What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business or similar field, or 10+ years of demonstrated accomplishment in achieving Materials and Manufacturing excellence
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in Material Requirement Planning Systems or a minimum of ten years combined experience of at least two of the following areas: Production Scheduling, Production Control, Inventory Control, Material Expediting or Warehouse Management.
- Experience implementing various material signaling concepts such as kanban, min/max, ROP, MRP
- Proven experience implementing Lean material flow concepts, systems and tools such as Plan for Every Part (PFEP), pull systems, supermarkets, scheduling boards, Tugger routes, etc.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities - TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.