If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Counsels and guides employees and managers on internal employee relations practices, procedures and overall organizational policies.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts, manages, and resolves complex employee relations issues to include thorough and objective investigations and summarizes investigation findings and recommendations.
- Conducts routine meetings with respective business units, to include the general employee population, in order to assist clients in meeting/exceeding their strategic objectives.
- Recommends new approaches to affect continuous improvement.
- Ensures all requested personnel actions are compliant University policy and procedures, as well as adhere to established employment laws and guidelines.
- Provides the appropriate guidance to leadership staff.
- Assists with departmental restructuring, succession planning, job description development and revisions, as well as review and negotiation of salary offers, promotions, etc., for assigned clients.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication, both verbal and written, with all client groups in order to effectively represent department services and provide HR services that meet client needs and facilitate change.
- Organizes, inputs and ensures the maintenance of HR information into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Generates and analyzes a variety of reports to develop and recommend solutions, programs and or policies to the client base.
- Facilitates the processing and distribution of reports as needed.
- Completes special projects or assignments, which may include administering employee recognition programs, participation on committees, and coordination of special events.
- Identifies training needs and facilitates training, to include orientation, for business units and/or specific individuals.
- Participates in the evaluation, monitoring, and measurement of the success for training programs.
- Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Assists the division with recruitment for professional staff, with a specific focus on building a talent pipeline for future openings.
- Attendance at professional conferences and job fairs may be required.
- Partners with division and central recruitment office on recruitment processes.
- Works in conjunction with division leadership and Compensation to ensure a robust career ladder is developed, communicated and maintained.
- Provides individual career management, mapping and counseling for the staff, identifying necessary skills development for current position and promotional opportunities.
- Partners with training team to develop and deliver solutions for continuous skills building.
- Responds to the University's employee engagement survey and exit interview reports as they relate to workforce environment and plans and executes appropriate actions to improve teamwork and employee satisfaction.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on the controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Onsite work only
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.