This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing Supply Chain organization. The Demand & New Product Introduction Manager will have a pivotal role collaborating cross functionally, to ensure complete, accurate, timely demand signals are available and New Product Introductions (NPI) are managed successfully. He / she prepares the demand forecast for assigned countries collaborating with commercial and finance regularly assessing performance based on actual orders and conducting regular review meetings aligned with the S&OP process. Additionally he/she will lead the new product introductions working closely with individual project managers from Global and other areas such as Commercial and Regulatory.
This role requires an individual with attention to details, an analytical mindset, strong project management skills and an ability to maneuver through complex situations building constructive and effective relationships.
The Demand & New Product Introduction Manager will report into the SC Director Americas partnering closely with Commercial, Finance, Quality, Regulatory of the assigned countries as well as Global Functions in this newly created role.
Here's What You'll Do:
New Product Introduction
- Collect and incorporate forecast data and inputs provided by Global Market Forecaster for assigned countries
- Consolidates unconstrained consensus-based demand plans for Regional and Global Demand Reviews
- Collaborates with Commercial to get updates on sales opportunities and pending contracts as well as incorporate the New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Live (EOL) products into the country demand plans
- Assess demand plan changes, action items and performance metrics from the previous cycle
- Document risks and opportunities based on revenue and demand forecast gaps
- Develops 24-month baseline unconstrained consensus demand plan with upside and downside scenarios
- Manage and publish demand planning assumptions
- Facilitates S&OP process and monthly management business review at country level
- Monitor and manage performance across the demand planning process for assigned countries
- Review changes in the weekly demand requirements with impacted on execution and manages the process for incorporating and communicating off-cycle demand forecast adjustments
- Collaborate with the Digital Integration Specialist regarding changes to demand forecast master data
- Collaborate with Global Commercial to improve forecast performance and ensure forecasts reflect the latest ranging; update relevant drivers and communicate with Global Demand Planner
- Monitor incoming orders against monthly forecast and determine if net new order quantities violate inventory parameters (i.e. safety stock)
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Leads the local New Product Launch Project Team and ensure successful launch readiness
- Ensure to execute the project(s) within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Work with individual project managers from Global and other areas such as Commercial and Regulatory to establish plans and goals for each project.
- Tracks progress and provide updates on any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Owns project dashboard. Ensures completeness and accuracy of all projects and current status including KPI tracking and resource management.
- Drives related communication, stakeholder management, facilitates across functions to ensure awareness, alignment and buy-in.
- Report to senior management on the progress of individual projects
- Is accountable to plan and deliver the project(s) and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Education: University degree in management/business administration, supply chain or science (pharmacy, biotech)
- Minimum 8 Years including at least 3 years' experience in a demand planning role
- Excellence in project management, PMP certification a plus
- Minimum 3 years' experience in various pharmaceutical functions (supply chain, production, procurement)
- Good understanding of the Pharma industry & supply chain needs strongly preferred (Biotech experience a plus)
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) to collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment - you are outgoing, communicative, and seek to build relationships on a daily basis
- Intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- You drive for results - you set a high bar for yourself and others. You love what you do, and it shows
- Well organized - a natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple customers in a fast-paced environment
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.