The Senior Estimator will support and work with preconstruction, bidding and business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Senior Estimator is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid, all kind of civil projects and specifically for highways projects (and other linear projects such as rail), including earthwork, drainage, pavement, utilities, and other related activities and supervision of take offs and coordination and/or supervisions of other estimators and engineers. The Senior Estimator shall have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering and industry principles.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Prepare and/or review accurate quantity takeoffs, breakdowns and materials pricing.
- Discuss and propose optimal means and methods and identify constructability issues.
- Evaluate all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Procurement and quote solicitation effort
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.), including production rates, creating WBS structure and unit prices for all activities..)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Suppliers, and JV Partners.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management,
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an Estimator
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior level estimating role or project manager role for major civil projects and highways or rails.
- A minimum of 10 years of construction experience. More than 10 years would be considered as a plus. Onsite experience is a plus.
- Public works sector experience required (Private is a plus).
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
- Recent experience with a large civil/highway/bridge contractor
- Strong experience with civil estimating required
- Design-Build experience would be a plus
- Recent experience with JV bid settings is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software (knowledge of HCSS Heavybid is preferred)
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office, Primavera P6, Agtek
- Knowledge AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Design Build experience (contractor or designer side)
- Ability to interpret construction drawings
- Knowledge of means and methods and construction techniques
- Knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Knowledge of construction industry, trends, innovation, etc.
- On-site and field experience on civil projects will be appreciated.
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude to understand engineering projects
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve goals, ask for inputs by valuing others' ideas and expertise, and support and acts in accordance with final decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors, subcontractors and construction partners.
- Ability to raise topics that needs to be discussed with team or required a company decision
- Ability to identify project risks
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality of work
- Foster development of junior staff
- Ability to work with other engineers and estimators and be part of a cohesive team.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.