Location: Houston, TX
Description: We are looking seeking a Python Engineer (Python, React, Kafka)
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Houston TX
The role offers the candidate the opportunity to participate in the growing Trading and Supply businesses. There will be many 'new' and 'first' for the candidate to be part of. The role is responsible for working with business and IT to deliver solutions in projects or enhancements for the business needs.
The Software Engineer will be working in full partnership with the IT teams and Business Stakeholders to design, develop and deliver fit for purpose IT solutions. The scope of the work includes but not limited to analytical activities - identify & understand issues, analyze impacts and dependencies, recommend end-to-end solution design, and implement a solution.
The role will work on defect fixes, enhancements, and special project delivery following the software development lifecycle. Key activities will evolve around DevOps delivery methodology and encompass tasks management, requirements gathering and traceability, prototyping, design and development, testing and release/patching.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Experience with developing solutions using Python
• Experience with developing solutions using React
• Experience with Kafka
• Endur development using JVS and OpenComponents
• Experience with developing solutions using Java and .Net
• Experience with Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL
• In-depth knowledge of Endur's database schema and ability to write/tune SQL