As part of the central Marketing and Communications team at Mass General Brigham, the Senior Director, Website Strategy will have the opportunity to shape and lead the future web experiences for MGB, in partnership with the Digital IS team.
This role reports to the Vice President, Digital Marketing and partners closely with members of Marketing and Communications, Digital IS, Patient Experience and other functional leaders across the system. You will be responsible for delivering optimal digital customer experiences across MGB's digital platforms, inclusive of content enablement, support, UI/UX and website development in an effort in support of our mission, vision, values and system goals. You will be data-driven and customer-centric with the Digital Experience/Website/Product expertise to help drive our transformation as an integrated system and the vision to help co-create our growing digital patient journey efforts.
This role requires a senior leader who can translate business goals into strategies and tactics that achieve defined metrics. The Senior Director must also work in a hands-on capacity to develop and manage her/is team, implement systems and troubleshoot issues. Specifically, this role oversees and manages the MGB system website ecosystem (multiple websites, digital tools, blogs and various campaign microsites) and its ongoing maintenance and optimization.
This role will play an integral part in transforming how audiences digitally interact with MGB for years to come. You will have the opportunity to be creative, innovative and collaborative in evolving the web-based experiences. We are looking for candidates who enjoy building the future, finding innovative ways to deliver a more cohesive digital consumer experience, driving towards customer acquisition, retention and affinity.
- Responsible for helping to shape and lead MGB's web-based experience strategy, ecosystem and execution, in partnership with the Digital Patient Experience team, across new and existing consumer touchpoints. Represent the voice of the customer/user requirements across all MGB digital experience efforts.
- Develop and communicate a clear marketing focused digital experience strategic roadmap and priorities as well as tangible priorities for web/mobile development.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, develop, enhance and manage MGB web properties, their related CMS, associated tools (e.g. find a provider) and analytics tools and web services, inclusive of campaign content support, content authoring and UI/UX; define future features and functionality, continually optimize the experience including navigation, architecture, layout, flows and content based on business goals, ensuring data and content compliance.
- Responsible for ongoing website development needs and technical maintenance, in collaboration with Digital Patient Experience and vendor partners, as well as web tool product management (e.g. event calendar, find a provider, online scheduling, etc.).
- Lead and mentor direct reports, including directors and managers, and motivate a cross-functional team of stakeholders that have responsibility of different aspects of content on the websites.
- Closely partner with the VP, Digital Marketing and the Senior Director, Website Strategy when developing & executing strategies/campaigns to ensure frictionless and effective customer journey-based execution.
- Ability to work within an agile product delivery model and lead scoping for new digital products.
- Manage web-based listings, locations and reputation management, in collaboration with Senior Director, Digital Marketing.
- Establish web governance policies and procedures.
- Partner closely with engineering and development teams.
- Responsible for evolving the digital operating model in alignment with business strategic priorities for customer growth, retention, and engagement.
- Elevate Mass General Brigham's digital experiences to drive business growth KPIs with an emphasis on customer acquisition and retention through digital activation across web platforms.
- Manage external and internal web development resources.
- Manage the workflow across the team and align the priorities and projects to the Marketing & Communications department and Health System goals.
- Use proven understanding of UX, IA, graphic, video and other technology skills to support and maintain dynamic content for all sites and audiences.
- Define best practice strategies for campaign landing page environments; consistently optimized to yield increased ROI.
- Partner with key leaders in the Marketing and Communications department to design a holistic Website analytics strategy, monitoring key performance indicators and measuring the effectiveness of all web/digital experience efforts.
- Responsible for digital experience and web budget and related accounting.
- Recruit, manage, and professionally develop a high-performing team of digital strategists, developers and product managers.
- Recommends and plans for content and technology enhancements to the system.
- Focus on consumer-centricity, taking an "outside in" view and prioritizing the consumer in all work; advocate for and be the voice of the customer.
- Establish strong IT, regulatory (privacy, legal, compliance, security), vendor, agency and business partnerships to ensure successful, compliant project execution.
- Effectively manage multiple assignments and make efficient use of department and organizational resources.
- Bring passion and inspiration to team management, mentorship and growth.
- Amplify Digital Marketing team capabilities and position team(s) as Center(s) of Excellence.
- 12+ years' experience in digital, web-based strategy, development and execution client side (or agency equivalent) including strategy, user experience design, development, research, A/B testing, user journey development, conversion optimization, personalization, web analytics, SEO, usability, website accessibility and mobile technology; health care marketing experience preferred; 8+ years in a leadership/supervisory role; health care marketing experience preferred
- Exceptional UX/UI gut instincts built upon previous experience
- A digital native with a comprehensive understanding of the full suite of MarTech tools including CMS (AEM), SEO, personalization, testing, tagging, CDP, CRM (SFMC) and marketing automation
- Experiencing communicating marketing plans to senior leaders and collaborating within a large organization; coordinating work with internal & external resources and in-partnership with multiple departments
- Has succeeded in an insight-led, customer-centric environment; agency experience strongly preferred
- Experienced as a leader and manager of teams in a complex, matrixed environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse environments
- BS in business, marketing, journalism, or design
- Masters a plus, but not required
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.