Do you enjoy building the future, finding innovative ways to drive brand awareness, engagement, consideration, and conversion by digitally connecting with audiences in an increasingly complex & fragmented media landscape?
As part of the central Marketing and Communications team at Mass General Brigham (MGB), the Senior Director, Digital Marketing will own the consumer-centric strategy and delivery of integrated digital marketing strategies & solutions for the system. In this role, you will drive and manage the digital marketing goals, KPIs, roadmaps and channels - driving growth in brand equity/reach, consideration/engagement and volume/business growth.
This role reports to Mass General Brigham's Vice President, Digital Marketing and partners closely with members of the Digital Marketing - Web Strategy Team, Marketing and Communications, Digital IS, Patient Experience and other functional leaders across the system to deliver integrated marketing solutions - with an emphasis on championing effective, audience-aligned, growth-focused digital marketing integration. You will be data-driven, customer-centric and bring the data-driven, MarTech expertise to help drive our transformation into an integrated system and the vision to help co-create our growing digital patient journey and digital engagement efforts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Digital Marketing Strategy that aligns with the patient journey, activates MarTech capabilities, effectively communicates MGB's services, expertise and impact across digital marketing channels and supports the broader enterprise-level MGB strategic marketing plan.
- Activate and grow MGB's digital marketing channels through the development and execution of strategic paid, owned and earned integrated digital marketing tactics that drive business growth KPIs. Direct oversight will emphasize owned digital activation across web, search engine optimization (SEO), content, social media, email, listings, reputation management and more.
- Lead the MGB content strategy across web and long-form content (articles, video scripts, etc.), ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to priority projects with SEO always a key consideration; stand up new processes for content creation and distribution.
- Lead social media go-to-market strategy, execution and community management for all system wide social media channels including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook; create and execute social media content that leverages consumer insights, supports MGB campaigns and service line campaigns, as well as engages target consumers.
- Closely partner with the VP, Digital Marketing and the Senior Director, Website Strategy when developing & executing strategies/campaigns to ensure frictionless and effective customer journeys.
- Establish appropriate system-wide channel governance policies and procedures.
- Leverage user insights, competitive intelligence and data/metrics, as well as A/B performance testing to continuously optimize and analyze effectiveness and productivity of digital marketing channels & campaigns; deliver regular reports for internal stakeholders helping to demonstrate marketing ROI.
- Partner with Hospital and Specialty Marketing team to understand line of business priorities, gather pertinent input, understand marketing strategies to drive digital marketing efforts to support MarCom priorities and System business goals with effective 360 campaign execution; work closely with MGB Marketing and Communications colleagues, as well as clinical chairs, service and administrative leads and operational leaders throughout MGB.
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing & Analytics to insure proper KPI's and learning agendas are defined for all initiatives; create new metrics/readouts (e.g. content engagement score) to support our new ways of working and priority initiatives, and assess the purpose of current readouts
- Foster a highly collaborative working relationship with peers to create cross-functional teams in support of marketing plan implementation and other key partners to align marketing effort with business objectives.
- Focus on consumer-centricity, taking an "outside in" view and prioritizing the consumer in all work; advocate for and be the voice of the customer.
- Nurture a thriving community of digital marketers by continuously providing structure/clarity to role definitions and career growth.
- In partnership with the academic medical centers, community hospitals and specialty hospitals, as well as pertinent Marketing and Communications colleagues, support system transformation and the development of highly effective, efficient work streams.
- Formulate and maintain a network of support including agencies, production partners and bench talent.
- Establish strong IT, regulatory (privacy, legal, compliance, security), vendor, agency and business partnerships to ensure successful, compliant project execution.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments and make efficient use of department and organizational resources.
- Bring passion and inspiration to team management, mentorship and growth.
- Amplify Digital Marketing team capabilities and position team(s) as Center(s) of Excellence.
- 12+ years' experience in digital marketing client side (or agency equivalent); proven success as an innovative digital marketing leader with a track record driving and implementing change; significant experience in digital marketing strategy; 8+ years in a leadership/supervisory role; health care marketing experience preferred
- Experiencing communicating marketing plans to senior leaders and collaborating within a large organization; coordinating work with internal & external resources and in-partnership with multiple departments
- Has succeeded in an insight-led, customer-centric environment; agency experience strongly preferred
- Experienced as a leader and manager of teams in a complex, matrixed environments
- Appetite for all things digital, content and social - knowledge of best practices and trends across digital channels including, but not limited to, social media, chatbots, ecommerce, websites, digital advertising, content, influencer, streaming, voice, web3 and more
- Well-developed communication skills
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse environments
- BS in business, marketing, journalism, or design
- Masters a plus, but not required
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.