Vertiv, a global leader in network power solutions, seeks a Senior Contract Administrator at its Columbus, OH, headquarters location. The position reports to the Contracts Manager - and will execute and support the company's commercial contracting and legal activities. Review, negotiate, and approve customer orders, ensuring that customer purchase orders, terms and conditions, and products and services agreements are clearly defined, documented, and aligned with the company's terms of sale and internal guidelines. Work with the customer to resolve specific discrepancies in sales-side agreements. Acts as first point of escalation for contract negotiations to ensure alignment with the company's terms of sale and internal guidelines for sales-side transactions. Coordinate with in-house counsel colleagues regarding systems and process improvement initiatives to streamline order reviews and maximize the speed and quality of legal's input to internal clients.
• Lead negotiation of high dollar value transactions, master product and service agreements, and complex contract administration tasks. Authorize and release contracts and orders in company's ordering systems. Represent the company's position in contract negotiations. Primary team member that assists in overseeing the contract approval process to insure timely and consistent results, fostering favorable business outcomes while protecting the company by adhering to internal guidelines.
• Manage terms and conditions resources and identify discrepancies as compared to customer purchase orders and the terms and conditions referenced in them, including but not limited to indemnification, limitation of liability, insurance, payment terms, and liquidated damages. Suggest and draft alternative language to agreements to reach a mutually agreeable negotiation between the parties. Provide initial guidance relating to claims or complaints that occur during performance of contracts.
• Collaborate with finance, sales, sales operations, human resources, compliance, and other departments regarding sales contract terms, and communicate clearly to resolve.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations. Assist in maintaining contract repository and other company databases with contract-related information.
• Approve (or summarize for approval, as required) requests for deviations of policy in accordance with company's policies and guidelines. Coordinate with order entry team to ensure customer purchase orders comply with internal guidelines.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
- Associates degree in Business or related degree (2 years' experience working for a U.S.-based large corporation in a related position may substitute for educational requirement)
- Prefer Bachelor's degree
- Prefer Paralegal or legal experience or qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience in total.
- At least 5 years of legal or contract-related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of standard contractual terms
- Ability to interpret and draft contract language
- Ability to effectively use oral, written and listening communication skills with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Persuasive, diplomatic, and tactful; an effective negotiator.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and be persistent in follow-through
- Proficient in basic database administration (SharePoint, Excel, etc.)
Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.