As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with Product Owners and other Software Engineers in an XP/Agile environment, in order to satisfy our internal and external customers through early, frequent, and continuous delivery of simple, high-quality, and high-value software.
We are committed to being the best Development team in the country! Click here to learn more about what it's like to work as a Software Engineer at Veterans United.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Test-Drive high-quality, self-documenting code using Paired Programming Practices, Agile Principles, Clean Code Techniques, SOLID and other software design principles.
- Refactor older code as you work on it to reduce the Team's overall value capacity backlog.
- Create intuitive user interfaces through front- and back-end design.
- Create and maintain minimal documentation.
We're looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day. We'll give you the tools you need.
Interested in working from home? We now offer the flexibility to work remotely
If you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Strong OOP design and coding skills.
- Experienced in full-stack development.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for face-to-face over written communication.
- Excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Familiarity/experience working in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development environments.
- Experience as an Application Developer with XP practices, particularly Test-Driven Development and Paired Programming.
- At least 5 years of relevant Application Developer experience in software delivery, ideally in our native tech stack: C#/ASP.NET/MVC/WCF/SQL/IIS
- Familiarity with SOAP and/or REST
Then we're excited to learn more about you!
If we haven't piqued your interest yet, did we mention that every office has free vending machines, free soda and coffee machines, and fridges stocked with fresh fruit, veggies, and energy drinks? Also, every Friday afternoon is devoted to Personal Development Time, where you can work on any learning or development project that builds YOU! If you're interested in joining a company that is consistently on Fortune's Best Places to Work, with competitive pay, supreme flexibility, and leadership that actually cares about the individuals, plug in an application and we can talk!
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.
This job has expired.