We are the teams who create all of Meta's products used by billions of people around the world. Want to build new features and improve existing products like Messenger, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Meta is seeking experienced Audio Software Engineers to join our product teams. You can help build products that help us connect the next billion people, create new features that have billions of interactions per day and be a part of a team that’s working to help people connect with each other around the globe. Join us!
Software Engineer, Audio Responsibilities:
- R&D in the areas of audio codecs, general audio process, and network related (loss/jitter compensation etc.), to deliver best-in-class quality across the Facebook Family of Apps.
- Identify areas of scalability, performance, quality and reliability improvement across the stack.
- Collaborate closely with both product and research teams to deploy new audio technologies as-a-service and as-a-platform.
- 6+ years of experience with development of software systems including audio software for video conferencing or other real-time communication applications.
- C or C++ experience, including use of C++11/14/17 features.
- Expertise in audio signal processing and auditory perception, both classical and machine learned techniques.
- Experience with audio stack including codecs, audio capture/render, and network compensation/jitter buffer.
- Proven track record of innovation as demonstrated by products shipped, publications and/or patents.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.