Our Life & Safety Product Technology group is currently seeking to add a remote Software Engineer to our team. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, eager to learn new tools and product and who is flexible and has ability to work within an environment that is fast paced and can change quickly.
The core focus of this team is to implement and maintain features of the Intrado Life & Safety Notifications Systems supporting the Utilities vertical. From outage and emergency communications, to meter readings and maintenance, billing and collections, Intrado helps to resolve issues faster and reassure customers with less effort.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Qualifications Education
- Participate in business meetings to identify objectives and develop software that will meet the company's current and future needs
- Research, design, and develop new enhancements that meet business or performance improvement requirements
- Develop a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
- Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommending solutions
- Monitor and conduct regression testing in entirety to ensure negative impacts do not result once program alterations are completed; participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
- Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Assist team lead projects and project planning
- Participate in agile software development ceremonies
- Keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field required, however equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- 5+ years for a Sr Software Engineer of related software engineering / development experience required in Java or a C language highly preferred
- Strong knowledge on network / database connectivity (Oracle and SQL in general) required
- Solid programming experience with Web services, VXML and multi-threading required
- Experience working on agile software development teams
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Our Company develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
The Company is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Our Company has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. Our Company welcomes and encourages applications of individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado's Life & Safety division is responsible for some critical parts of our everyday life. Our solutions are responsible for everything that happens after a 9-1-1 call is placed - call routing, delivery, location determination and data management. Whether you call from a landline, cell phone or text 9-1-1, we make sure first responders get the right information at the right time so they can save lives.
Intrado also provides notifications to the utilities, healthcare and educational sectors. Our platform provides multi-modal communications that meet an individual's contact preference and routes over 4 billion notifications each year. At the end of the day, Intrado believes that keeping people in our communities safe, connected and healthy is a top priority.
This job has expired.