ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS's Software Development team designs, implements, tests and supports high-quality products that help hundreds of companies and thousands of end users make critical decisions. Whether writing distributed optimization algorithms or advanced mapping and visualization interfaces, you will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems and make an immediate impact.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - APPLICATIONS (JAVA)
ZS is looking for Software Engineer - Applications (Java) to join our team in Evanston, US. The Software team at ZS is a casual, collaborative, and smart group located in Pune, India & Evanston, US
As a Software Engineer at ZS Associates, you will design and implement web services, APIs, and full-stack functional modules of our ZS SaaS products. Your primary focus will be designing and writing high quality maintainable object-oriented code to implement all aspects of the software stack - from front-end to middle-ware to back-end. You will fully own the modules you develop - from architecting, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining your software solutions.
- Implement major full-stack features with limited guidance from leads and managers
- Demonstrate a passion for SaaS product development, and be extremely detail-oriented
- Show willingness to rapidly learn new languages and platforms
- Be a technical expert, mentor junior developers, and share your expertise with the team
- Provide accurate effort estimates on work
- Take full ownership of the code you write - from designing to developing to maintaining your modules
- ZS welcomes candidates with a bachelor's or master's degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or a related discipline with a demonstrated record of academic success
- Candidates should have 1-3 years of software product development experience
- Experience developing high-performing, secure, production quality code
- Experience developing full-stack SaaS software products
- Expertise developing SOA web services and REST / OData based APIs
- Expertise with IoC containers and DI frameworks (like Guice), SOLID and DRY principles, REST frameworks, ORMs (like Hibernate), CD/CD solutions using Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Deep expertise in OOPS (object-oriented programming), preferably in Java and Java frameworks
- Deep expertise in RDBMS like Postgres, or expertise in Data Warehouse systems
- Nice to have: Experience with BI systems, semantic layers, Data Warehouses, OLAP cubes
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS platform, specifically Lambda, API Gateway, IAM
- Nice to have: Experience with Big Data, specifically EMR, Spark, and Scala
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following skills:
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and programming ability
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Initiative and willingness to work in fast paced, agile teams
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and platforms and frameworks
- Ability to work in global cross-office teams, including travelling to remote offices as required
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. ZS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to any class protected by applicable law.
ZS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe workplace. Must have received full COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon acceptance of offer of employment. Exemption process available on a limited basis.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.