Software/Electrical Test Engineer IV - Emerging Technology
Software/Electrical Test Engineer - Emerging Technologies
Are you looking to work in IoT, develop industry leading technologies while working on a collaborative development team? No IoT experience, that's OK. This is an entry level position. Tell us what interests you and how you can help our IoT program. This is your opportunity to impact Internet, by bringing Hyster, Yale, and Nuvera products to the front of the marketplace.
Our teams work on great projects within our "hands-on" engineering development center in the Portland area. This global develop center develops materials handling solutions for the present and future. Current projects include: current/future forklift products, fuel cells and advanced battery technology.
Hyster-Yale Group is looking for an energetic and innovative test engineer for our emerging technology Product Development team in Portland, Oregon. This engineering position plays an important testing hardware and software solutions across multiple platforms. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including marketing, manufacturing, procurement, and test, to ensure that we deliver quality forklift trucks. The right person in this role is integral to our continued success in the forklift industry. We hire cool people and make tough trucks. Join our team!
- Develop, test, and follow up development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer, for the following systems:
- On Board Vehicle telemetry and automation system testing
- Execute testing on both Engine and Electric Vehicles
- Embedded Software Testing and reporting
- Electrical Components testing and evaluation
- Configure communication devices for connectivity testing
The Successful Engineer I or II Will Meet the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- Develop and execute test plans for complete vehicle, system, software and components
- Support development testing to ensure design robustness to requirements.
- Analyze data and communicate test results both verbally and through written reports
- Formal education with a minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Basic knowledge/skill in Electrical circuits
- Basic knowledge/skill in controls theory
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to Quality: Follow established procedures and be attentive to details to ensure accuracy in design and documentation.
- Decision Making: Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; demonstrate ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
- Systematic Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Function well in a team environment by working well with other employees and other departments.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10% total time)
- Education with focus on Control Systems
- Basic knowledge of CAN bus systems (SAE J1939 or CAN Open)
- Some experience working in a c development environment
- Experience with embedded system development
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
HYG US Portland, ORAddress
4000 NE Blue Lake RoadZip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled