The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics,Care Coordination Division, is seeking a Social Worker II for the Health Care Benefits Assistance Program (HCBAP). This position will provide direct social work services including assessing and accessing resources to facilitate movement through the continuum of care to patients and their families, particularly by assisting patients with applications for entitlement and categorical programs. Participate in and provide the social work perspective to interdisciplinary activities, including assisting in discharge planning with clinical social workers.
Responsibility: Develops and implements plan of care, responsive to patient/family concerns, health care status, available resources and age specific problems.
• Conducts daily triaging of program referrals.
• Performs social work financial assessments with patient and/or family involvement.
• Adjusts the plan specific to age- and diagnosis-related issues.
• Helps patient/family identify their financial resources, and provides benefit assistance services responsive to identified problems.
• Demonstrates knowledge of entitlement and categorical programs resources for age and diagnosis related issues.
• Communicates with resources and agencies regarding patient status and progress.
• Demonstrates respect for all members of the University community in the course of performing duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
Responsibility: Develops working relationship with patient and/or family (e.g., engagement, collaboration, advocacy, problem solving, etc.)
• Establishes rapport with patients and/or families.
• Communicates with and advocates for patient and/or family regarding benefit assistance status and progress.
• Follows through with plans.
Responsibility: Provides information and consultation to interdisciplinary team members.
• Provides information to team members regarding benefit goals and patient status and progress.
• Acts as resource for team (e.g., participates in team conferences, etc.)
• Fosters staff individual accountability for continuous improvement in performance while supporting a collegial multidisciplinary environment for creative problem solving.
• Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
Responsibility: Documents according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Completes documentation and statistical reports within established time frames
• Documents relevant information in concise and clear manner.
Responsibility: Complies with required standards for medical/legal reporting situations.
• Adheres to mandatory reporting requirements for cases of suspected child or dependent adult abuse.
• Complies with procedures for other medical/legal situations (e.g., HIV, domestic violence, advance directives, etc.)
Responsibility: Performs other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Completes other projects or tasks within agreed upon time.
• Devotes at least 75% time to direct service (patient-related) activities.
Responsibility: Participates in and utilizes supervision to assess skill level, identify areas for professional growth and establish mutually agreed upon goals.
• Uses supervision when needed and prepares for supervisory sessions.
• Incorporates feedback into performance.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and development by developing mechanisms to evaluate practice.
• Identifies and pursues opportunities for professional development.
• Maintains required skills in mandatory competencies.
• Seeks opportunities to enhance professional knowledge, skills and abilities as they related to current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Day Shifts, 8-hour shifts
Location: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics in Iowa City, IA
Pay level: 6 SEIU Pay Plan | University Human Resources - The University of Iowa (uiowa.edu)
Salary: $39,818 to commensurate
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
• For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm.
• A Bachelor's degree with a major concentration in Social Work is required
• 6 months - 1 year of clinical social work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Related experience in Medicaid/TXIX programs, disability determination, or Social Security disability including identifying and navigating financial resources, including insurance coverage options, changes related to the federal and state health programs, and the disability programs
• Master's degree with a major concentration in Social Work
• Knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and healthcare reform policies
• Social Work experience in a health care setting
• Experience working with community resources
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume work environment
• Care coordination experience or case management skills in a health care setting as part of an interdisciplinary team including experience utilizing an electronic medical record to assist with management of non-adherence, post-care follow-up and referrals to appropriate resources
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume and cover letter and mark the file as a 'relevant submission'
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
For questions, contact Kiley Skay at email@example.com.
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago