At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The SIEM Engineer, MSS works in Optiv Security's 24x7x365 Security Operations Center as a member of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team. The employee will be responsible for creation of procedures, implementation of processes and solutions across internal and client environments. Experience with SIEM or Situational Awareness is necessary. The Security Engineer will work closely with Senior Security Engineers, Senior Engineers, Solution Architects, other Security Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Advise best practice on SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- Develop and maintain content and reporting.
- Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers to clients regarding security and system configuration awareness.
- 2-3 years professional experience maintaining SIEM or infrastructure systems in the Information Security field
- 2-3 years professional experience working in a technical team environment.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
- Experience with LogRhythm SIEM is required. Prefer experience with additional SIEM security products such as: QRadar, Splunk and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network security analysis.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
- Superior IT problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SIEM content and reporting.
- Experience working with Linux OS.
- Ability to provide on-call support when needed
- Demonstrated experience and success in a Managed Service client environment
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Training and experience in one or more non-SIEM network security products to include: Enterprise endpoint security products, Network components such as Firewalls and Proxies to include Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva or other similar network security products.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.