It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The selected individual will be a member of the Shipping Team for the Jacksonville, FL facility. The role of Shipping and Receiving Specialist requires an individual that not only can scrutinize and provide attention to detail to all tasks, but also perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of organization. The selected individual will be responsible for performing all Shipping and Receiving Office functions to assure order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, and inventory accuracy. With appropriate training, the position will require a working knowledge of HMIS/GHS requirements for transport and familiarity with HAZMAT products and regulations. Previous work in a production/shipping environment is preferred, but not required. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Work with 3rd party logistic companies to assign freight and efficiently manage order flow.
- Read customer level notes and decipher necessary changes to orders based on those notes
- Assist drivers with proper labeling and placarding of intermodal, interstate, and intercontinental hazardous and non-hazardous chemical shipments
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and have a proficient level of experience using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Track daily shipments and keep a digital record for intercompany reporting alongside particular key identifiers such as PRO numbers and unique codes
- Auditing and clearing shipments for transport
- Respond to communications both written and verbal in an efficient and pleasant manner using distinct operational knowledge to overcome obstacles that may arrive
- Organize and assemble paperwork for work packets to be used in the facility for orders in the system
- Communicate with internal and external customers to drive velocity of shipments out of the door
- Communicate with vendors and carriers daily to negotiate successful freight pickups
- Organize freight vendors for loading and sign-in for goods
- Collect and maintain signatures for pickups
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 2-5 years of experience in an office-based setting.
- The ability to work effectively with all positions in the organization, including operators, engineers, supervisors and managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to lift 50 pounds comfortably
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to maintain seated for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds comfortably to assist the operation.
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.