Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Shipping and Receiving Clerk for a 7am -- 3pm shift in its facility located in Chicago, IL. The shift is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma and 1-2 years relevant work experience including operation of a forklift in a production environment and the ability to perform in a high volume environment with efficiency and accuracy.
Under general supervision, receives product into the warehouse storage area and prepares product or materials for shipment per order specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near warehouse, plant, or work site.
- Reads work orders or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves by hand/forklift/clamp truck.
- Receives, unpacks, and examines goods shipped and verifies completeness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, and other records. May route incoming goods to departments.
- Prepares products for shipment. May keep record of goods shipped.
- Counts and compares quantity and identification numbers of units against order.
- Prepares identifying information (labeling) and shipping instructions on containers.
- Moves containers to shipping dock using hand truck or other similar equipment.
- Notifies supervisor of any major incidence of damage to materials received or scheduled to be shipped.
- Prepares and/or maintains computerized warehouse/shipping documents to coordinate or schedule the routine work of warehouse support staff.
- Prepares identifying information and shipping instructions on containers.
- May contact transportation companies to order or schedule deliveries and shipments.
- Maintains a computerized inventory of received and shipped goods to provide status reports to management, sales, suppliers or customers as required.
- Receives, unpacks, and/or examines goods shipped to verify completeness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, and other records.
- Compliant and supportive of all safety guidelines/requirements.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
This job has expired.
- Routes incoming goods to departments using a forklift or hand truck.
- Cleans up and disposes of scrap bracing, cardboard, etc., and places in proper containers or areas.
- Sweeps and cleans up work area during and at the end of shift.
- Other duties and assignments as required.